Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to fibre connection

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Upgraded to fibre connection

@Gandalf Not sure what your test is showing. How can it have speeds of 80/20 when out of sync? The OP is obviously still on an ADSL connection and as I suggested in an earlier post the upgrade to FTTC has not been done correctly.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@rileyelf wrote:

Thanks I have just completed the fault reporter.

Thanks Andy I'll pick it up shortly.

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

Not sure what your test is showing. How can it have speeds of 80/20 when out of sync?

With fibre, line tests always show the sync speed no matter if the circuit is out of sync or not.

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

The OP is obviously still on an ADSL connection and as I suggested in an earlier post the upgrade to FTTC has not been done correctly.

As per my previous response, it's likely to be a cross jumpering issue at the cab or exchange which would explain why the circuit is testing as fibre, but the router is reporting ADSL.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Gandalf wrote 

"With fibre, line tests always show the sync speed no matter if the circuit is out of sync or not."

In the words of a certain tennis player. "You cannot be serious"Grin

If that is true it is a rather pointless test.

In fact there is a post on this forum where Matthew Wheeler was unable to do a GEA test because the connection was not active.https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/GEA-Test/m-p/1457369#M62261

Perhaps your test just shows the maximum possible sync speeds, i.e. the product type (80/20) as it certainly isn't showing the actual sync speed.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

It's seems so obvious that there is an installation issue which makes it difficult to understand why PN are not raising a fault directly with BT rather than pass it back to the customer?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rileyelf
Hooked

Didn't really want to say that myself but......  Thumbs_Up     I mean, it's not like I'm trying to login with Trumpet Winsock or anything complicated Cheesy

Thanks,

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

Gandalf wrote 

"With fibre, line tests always show the sync speed no matter if the circuit is out of sync or not."

In the words of a certain tennis player. "You cannot be serious"Grin

In hindsight, I shouldn't have said always. Depending on the no sync outcome of the test, we may see a sync speed.

@RealAleMadrid wrote:
In fact there is a post on this forum where Matthew Wheeler was unable to do a GEA test because the connection was not active.https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/GEA-Test/m-p/1457369#M62261

That's different. In that case, there is open activity on our suppliers systems because a fault report is raised.

We get Not Able To Execute when trying to run a GEA service test.

@MauriceC wrote:

It's seems so obvious that there is an installation issue which makes it difficult to understand why PN are not raising a fault directly with BT rather than pass it back to the customer?

As I've probably mentioned previously in other topics of similar nature, when a line test does not identify the location of the fault, the only option we have is to arrange an engineer visit. I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

@rileyelf - Thanks for updating the ticket. I'll get the engineer booked in and will confirm there shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rileyelf
Hooked

Thanks for confirming the Eng.....      

Beginning to wish I had ignored my kid's winging and stayed in the slow lane of the information superhighway!    They they have been bickering constantly since the internet went off on Tuesday!   Crazy

Andy.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems Andy

Fingers crossed for a quick fix!

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rileyelf
Hooked

All up and running now!    The eng said my line was mis-labeled in the cabinet.

Thanks for your help,

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems, happy to hear it was fixed quickly.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet