Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Unlimted Fibre Extra - no change

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Upgraded to Unlimted Fibre Extra - no change

@Ktulukane can you post the details that @Mustrum requested above

log into the router and go to the Advanced/Troubleshooting/Help Desk tab and post the results 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Ktulukane
Dabbler

Hi there

I have an ASUS DSL-AC68U router, where would I find those results ?

I am looking around the router and can't seem to find a troubleshooting section.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Aah! we all assumed you'd got a PlusNet Hub one.

It would appear from here https://community.plus.net/t5/ADSL-Broadband/DSL-AC68U-Stats-Page-Sorted/td-p/1302050 that its Administrator > Logs > DSL on the Asus

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Ktulukane
Dabbler

Ahh my apologies.

I have attached my line stats if that helps.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Ktulukane  those look reasonable and in line with the estimates.

If you login to the PlusNet member centre what does this https://www.plus.net/member-centre/broadband say for 'Current Line Speed' ?

and do you have a static IP or have the PlusNet firewall enabled https://www.plus.net/member-centre/broadband/firewall

Did you say earlier that the IP profile on the BT wholesale speed test https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ is showing 38.72 ? is that still the case ?

Ktulukane
Dabbler

Hi there thank again for looking into this.

Current line speed says 80Mbps

No Static IP and Firewall is off

BT Wholesaler Speed Test IP Profile is still showing 38.72

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

BT Wholesaler Speed Test IP Profile is still showing 38.72

Current line speed says 80Mbps

In that case it looks like something is 'stuck' at the BT side. Despite synching at ~70Mb your IP Profile hasn't adjusted. That fits with the Plusnet Current line speed at 80Mb, that's the initial default and should update with changes to the BT profile.

Short of one of the PN help team spotting this and stepping in , the best approach is to raise a speed fault at https://faults.plus.net . Mention on the fault report (if possible) the download 70Mb synch speed from the router and the IP profile of 38.72 from the speed test (although the faults team ought to be able to see those anyway!)

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Ktulukane 

Having tested your line today we'd need to arrange an engineer visit as the next step to investigate further.

Can you finish reporting a fault online at faults.plus.net and post back after so we can get that picked up for you?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Ktulukane
Dabbler

Thank you for looking into this.

I have completed the faults online at fault.plus.net

Many Thanks

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I think it's strange that an engineer would be needed to correct a BT IP profile issue, the sync speed looks OK so it doesn't suggest there is a line problem. Why can't Plusnet get their "supplier" to fix it remotely.🙄

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

As far as I'm aware the only other option for FTTC, other than an book an engineer, is request a reset of the DSLAM. Whilst that works in case where the line is banded, that isnt the case here. My suspicion is that part of the BT system still thinks the line is provisioned on a 40Mb product. Booking an engineer doesn't necessarily mean they'll go to the cabinet/premises, I suspect it will first trigger a 'systems check' which may mean BT will actually sort it remotely.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

We never got to see the before and after stats, I presume it was only those from the test socket.

Nor did we get the BTW table using the phone number, only the adress checker - any of which would have helped suggest where the issue is.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Ktulukane wrote:

Thank you for looking into this.

I have completed the faults online at fault.plus.net

Many Thanks

Cheers, the fault's currently with our suppliers for further diagnostics.

We'll provide an update as soon as we know more.

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

I think it's strange that an engineer would be needed to correct a BT IP profile issue, the sync speed looks OK so it doesn't suggest there is a line problem. Why can't Plusnet get their "supplier" to fix it remotely.‌‌

Testing is showing "Problem Explanation: [ ND502 ] DSL and BRAS profile mismatch has been identified. Resolution / Recommendation: Please pass to BTW for further diagnostics."

As far as I'm aware unless things have changed in the last year, BTW don't have any influence over this type of issue for FTTC so it'd need to be passed to Openreach's diagnostics team (DCoE) either through an engineer visit or directly to them if the stars align... We can't request something's passed to DCoE, it'd automatically go there on the back of certain testing results, or if an engineer contacts them while on a job.

Currently it's with BTW's diagnostics team and we should have an update within 24 hours, whether it's been passed to DCoE or if we'd need to arrange that engineer visit.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Ktulukane We got a response from BT a lot sooner than I thought, we need to arrange an engineer visit so I've booked that now and I've added a reply to your fault ticket Here with the appointment details.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

What a crazy system!, PlusNet and BTW know what the problem is

Testing is showing "Problem Explanation: [ ND502 ] DSL and BRAS profile mismatch has been identified. Resolution / Recommendation: Please pass to BTW for further diagnostics."

But they can't talk directly to DCoE, only book an OR engineer. Who, if the notes don't say otherwise, will likely head to the cabinet, see the sync is 70Mb and unless he/she has the means to check the IP profile (not sure if they can?) , will say 'no problem here'. Presumbly at that point the engineer contacts DCoE , who say Ah! 'mismatched profile', and push some buttons to fix it.