Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Unlimited Fibre from ADSL : Speed currently at 2.5Mbps

FIXED
Morpheus
Dabbler

Upgraded to Unlimited Fibre from ADSL : Speed currently at 2.5Mbps

Hi,

The line was upgraded yesterday so I know it's early days and it takes a while for the speed to settle down BUT I have experienced a number of new fibre broadband installs and in my experience the speed always tends to start off quite high before it settles down to a slightly lower, more reliable speed.

I have tested it using wired and wireless connections. I have also connected the router to 3 different sockets in the house, including the main BT socket. I have not had time to try the "master socket" in the BT socket yet. Every test consistently gives a speed of between 2.4Mbps and 2.7Mbps. Surely this is very low even for "day one" of an upgrade from ADSL to fibre?

Is there anything you can check from your end please?

Thanks.

(Upload speeds are showing as 7.5Mbps - 10 Mbps)

3 REPLIES 3
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Upgraded to Unlimited Fibre from ADSL : Speed currently at 2.5Mbps

Fix

Hi @Morpheus,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues with your speeds. I have tested your line today and from what I can see you should be receiving a downstream sync speed of 40Mbps and an upstream sync speed of 10Mbps. However, I think the cause of the current issue from your end of things may be in part due to the intermittent connection you previously experienced before upgrading to Fibre. Due to that and due to this being the first day that you have upgraded to Fibre, I think it may be best to give it a couple of days to see if; A) the connection remains stable; and B) see if the speeds naturally improve.

I would recommend keeping the router setup in the test socket during this time and if there are any further issues then please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be happy to investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Morpheus
Dabbler

Hi @TheMightyAJ,

Thanks for testing the line.

The speed has improved over the last couple of days. It is now at around 30Mbps which I am happy with. If I have any more issues I will get back in touch.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear that you've seen an increase.

Let us know if you have any further issues

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team