Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Unlimited Fiber Extra

FIXED
jimbob81
Grafter

Upgraded to Unlimited Fiber Extra

I switched from 55/10 to Unlimited Fiber Extra as it was cheaper than I'm currently paying. I got the email telling me the switch was completed last night.

My router is still showing sync speeds at bang on 55/10. I'm not expecting much of a speed increase but my router and BT ADSL checker do show that I should be seeing some increase, especially in upload speed.

Has the upgrade actually gone through properly? My sync being exactly 55/10 makes me think it hasn't.

Current Rate (Kbps) 9997 54997
Max Rate (Kbps) 16573 57122
SNR Margin (dB) 10.1 5.5
Line Attenuation (dB) 27.4 20.1

Thanks

31 REPLIES 31
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Upgraded to Unlimited Fiber Extra

Thanks for getting in touch.
I'm sorry to hear that your speeds haven't increased since the upgrade.
It looks like that whilst the upgrade went through on our side no order was sent through to our suppliers to upgrade your speeds.
I've placed this manually for you now and it should complete on Monday giving you faster speeds. If this doesn't happen let us know

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Deleted as no longer relevant. 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jimbob81
Grafter

Thanks for sorting that out, I'm now syncing at 47Mb down 17Mb up. The 17 up suggests to me that I'm now on the correct product with openreach.

The 47Mb down is less than the 55Mb I was on before, but I assume the DLM should get that back to at least where it was?

However, speedtest results (I have a filtered faceplate on my socket, and perform speedtests over ethernet) today are all around 20Mb down 15Mb up. The up speed is about right but 20Mb down from 47Mb sync isn't correct. I was getting 40Mb-50Mb down before switching to Extra.

The openreach speed test is showing an IP profile of 20Mbps for both down and up, which would explain the download speeds but is much lower than it should be.

Has everything been correctly switched over now?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to hear you haven't seen an increase.

For some reason the profile on our end had been changed back to an ADSL one hence your speeds being limited to around 20mbps.

I've updated this for you now and dropped your connection so you should pick up higher speeds shortly. 

With regards to the sync speeds any modify order will usually reset DLM entirely so you may go back to those speeds at some point but we can't make any guarantees I'm afraid.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jimbob81
Grafter

Thanks @MatthewWheeler 

Speedtest results are now back to within a couple of Mb of the sync speed.

Profile being changed to ADSL sounds strange, is everything now fully switched over to Fibre Extra?

Before the upgrade my downstream sync was 55Mb so hopefully the DLM can get it back to at least there, especially as the upper estimate for my line is 57Mb.

Many thanks.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm not sure why it happened if I'm honest but it shouldn't happen again as everything is now on fibre extra

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jimbob81
Grafter

Thanks @MatthewWheeler 

DLM seems to have done it's thing and my sync speed is up to 57Mbps now which is inline with the upper estimate for my line, so that's great.

However, speed tests are maxing out at 45Mb down 15Mb up. These are performed on a wired connection and I have a filtered faceplate.

A couple of months back when I was on an a legacy 55/10 product from a few years back my speed tests were always 50Mbps, so 45Mbps on fibre extra seems on the low side, especially considering the 57Mbps sync speed.

Given that last week a profile was limiting my speed to 20Mbps is there limit or profile restricting my speeds to 45 now?

It seems to be something of a recurring issue on the forums that users are not getting the speeds they expect and staff have to "nudge" their profile, so can you check this profile, and nudge it for me please.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/PN-Profile-Nudge-Please/td-p/1566458

Many thanks.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us @jimbob81

I'm glad to see that DLM has increased your speeds.

With regards to throughput as you suspected this is due to the profile on our end having not updated

I've done this manually for you now and dropped your connection so you should see an increase in speed.

Let us know if this isn't the case

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
smh
Grafter

I seem to have a very similar issue to jimbob81.
(open question no. 189071764)

I had a steady untroubled 55/10 connection generally recording around 51 Mbps downstream and 9 Mbps upstream, for over four years until April, when with the switch to 40/10 I chose to upgrade to Unlimited Fibre Extra. The BT availability checker has always indicated a pretty good line which should easily cope with an upgrade.

The upgrade has not succeeded, and since early April has been consistently lower than the old 55/10 speeds.

For the past four days, it has got far worse - consistent speeds of around 19.6 down and 5.6 up (using the thinkbroadband speed test), which is a noticeable deterioration.  

Clearly this is not Fibre Extra, and I would be glad of a prompt solution as the new contract is supposed to have been processed over two weeks ago.

• Add to Phrasebook

• No word lists for English -> English...

• Create a new word list...
  • Copy
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

Thanks for getting in touch @smh

For some reason your account has also had the same issue mentioned above in regards to the incorrect profile on our end.

I've corrected this for you now and dropped your connection so you should see an increase straight away.

Let us know if this doesn't happen

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jimbob81
Grafter

Hi @MatthewWheeler 

That's done the trick, speed tests are 52Mb now, which is just under my BT line profile. Thank you.

Does the plusnet profile always get "stuck" when it comes to increases in sync speed? I.e if I had a power cut or some other event that triggered the DLM to lower speeds, and then over time increase them again. Would the profile need to be nudged again?

Thanks

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Cheers for letting us know, that's really good to see. 

Profiles should update automatically so it shouldn't happen again. There can be a delay sometime between changes in the speed profile being matched on our systems but just let us know if you see an issue again and we'll check to see if you've been affected by the same issue and update the profile again if need be. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jimbob81
Grafter

@adamwalker thanks for the info.

Could you nudge my profile again please?

DLM has pulled the snyc speed up to 69Mbps today but as speed tests are still 52Mb it must be stuck or experiencing an delay again.

Many thanks.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us @jimbob81

Glad to hear that DLM is increasing the speeds still.

I've just bumped the profile and dropped your connection

Let us know if you've not seen an increase

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team