cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Fibre extra but speeds still capped at 36Mb. Would a "remote DLM reset" cure it?

FIXED
win10-64
Dabbler

Upgraded to Fibre extra but speeds still capped at 36Mb. Would a "remote DLM reset" cure it?

Upgraded to Fibre extra recently but after phone calls to Plusnet with engineer coming out the profile seems to be still capped at the 36Mb speed and 10 upload as seen in pics attached.  Billion 8800NL Modem is showing a attainable rate of 52Mb but a capped B0 Line Rate - Downstream of 40Mb.

Can Plusnet do a "remote DLM reset" and would it even cure it or do I just have to wait for another BT engineer to come out and try to fix the problem. 

@Gandalf can you help. Thanks?

25 REPLIES 25
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Upgraded to Fibre extra but speeds still capped at 36Mb. Would a "remote DLM reset" c

Your stats and profile data clearly show that you have not been upgraded to fibre extra, you are still on a 40/10 service. You need to ask PlusNet to find out why the upgrade hasn't been done and get it sorted. You don't need another engineer.

win10-64
Dabbler

Re: Upgraded to Fibre extra but speeds still capped at 36Mb. Would a "remote DLM reset" c

Thanks, yes it does seem like I am still on the 40/10 service yet in my phone calls to Plusnet they have said they have upgraded me and they have done everything they can on their side. 

It says "Current line speed:80 Mb" in the 'Connection Settings' page of the Member Centre yet it is still appears like its on 40/10 service.

@Gandalf?

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @win10-64

Sincere apologies for the speed issue, I have escalated this for you and raised a ticket on your account here.

win10-64
Dabbler

Thanks.  Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

win10-64
Dabbler

@deank

It appears during last night it was switched over to the extra service as seen in the pics attached yet because the BT profile is now approx 42Mb it is not much increase in speed. 

Can Plusnet do a remote DLM reset on the line like it has with some customers so that the line retrains itself to the approx 53Mb attainable rate that my modem reports? Thanks.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,

I've just dropped a reply to the fault ticket on your account regarding this: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=183942435

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
win10-64
Dabbler

@deank

@adamwalker

@Gandalf

Hi. If you can do a DLM profile reset then do it as it is absolutely nothing to do with my equipment or wiring but that the BT profile when it switched to the fibre extra profile during last night has set itself to approx 42Mb as seen in the new pics attached with this message. A engineer coming out to my home would not help as I know by past experience it has been nothing to do with anything in my home.

That the BT profile increased itself last night from a cap of 40Mb download now to the fibre extra service but at the lower rate of 42Mb instead of the maximum attainable rate my modem reports shows that the problem lies in what the BT profile is set at rather than anything on my side. The DLM profile may increase in speed over time if I leave the connection on without it dropping but the DLM profile reset would be quicker.

If the speeds remain at approx 42Mb there will be no point in me remaining on the fibre extra service and paying extra for it just will have to go back to the old fibre service.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

To be honest I personally think there's an underlying issue, which needs engineering investigation, because your connection is dropping.

image15409801331082

However, as requested I've asked a colleague that your account be added to the DLM reset tracker to pass over to our suppliers. Due to this process being a trial, it can take around a week for the reset to be carried out if successful.

That said, given that your sync speed of 45mbps is above the banding of " 0.128M-40M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off" I've my doubts it'll work, but there's only one way to find out for sure.

Please let us know how your speeds look next week.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
win10-64
Dabbler

@Gandalf

The reason you see the connection dropping is because I was rebooting the modem but I will keep the connection on and wait until the DLM reset process is carried out which will hopefully work.  Thanks. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries, keep us posted.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Gandalf The 40/10 profile is obviously out of date which is typical of most the GEA test results shown on the forum, the banding profiles are usually a couple of weeks out of date. I and others have pointed this out many times because of the confusion it can cause but it has never been acknowledged by Plusnet staff.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

the banding profiles are usually a couple of weeks out of date. I and others have pointed this out many times because of the confusion it can cause but it has never been acknowledged by Plusnet staff.

I actually recently emailed our suppliers about this and I'm in the process of gathering examples to send over for further investigation. 

The 40/10 profile is obviously out of date

It does look that way here as the sync rate is a lot higher.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
win10-64
Dabbler

@Gandalf can you give me any updates on the progress of the DLM reset as it does not appear to be carried out yet.  Thanks. 

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @win10-64,

Thanks for your post.

We've checked with Openreach and are seeing the below:

Friendly Profile Name : Downstream: 0.128M-80M with Interleaving (Low). Upstream: 0.128M-20M with no error protection.

Which indicates that the profile was successfully changed on the provisioning side of things.

Can you confirm what speeds you're currently getting?