cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Fibre Extra, no effect.

ben1ss1m0

Upgraded to Fibre Extra, no effect.

So I got an email that my upgrade from Unlimited Broadband to Fibre Extra is complete. After rebooting the router I get this...

2016-07-22.png

6 REPLIES 6
ben1ss1m0

Re: Upgraded to Fibre Extra, no effect.

After doing some reading on this forum, I noticed that some people had the confirmation email sent prematurely, others needed some tweaking with the settings on the ISP side. Any help with this is much appreciated.

A little bit of extra info, I tried connecting my Openreach modem that I got while having Fibre with Talk Talk, but its DSL light is dark and stays that way, so I just plugged my PlusHub back on directly and I'm back to normal broadband speeds (3~6Mbps)

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

HI @ben1ss1m0

Welcome to the forums.

The Hub One helpdesk page will say how it is connecting which is accessed from the Troubleshooting menu (I believe).

You will probably need to phone (or use Chat) with Plusnet to get them to confirm when they intend change your service to FTTC though. The forums may have staff looking at posts but you can never guarantee that they will see them all and act on them.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
ben1ss1m0

Thanks for the tips, did as you ask, and I'm certain everything is connected properly. Chatted with PlusNet Team moments ago and it looks like my upgrade was handled incorrectly bo some other department, so I will have to try and get them on Monday. Meanwhile something is definitely happening on my line, got some new diagnostic results today...

2016-07-23 (1).png

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

That looks like an ADSL connection by the really low speeds. As this device supports both ADSL and FTTC, it will connect to either type of broadband.

I hope on Monday, someone at Plusnet can tell you when you're getting the service you signed up for.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@ben1ss1m0 wrote:

it looks like my upgrade was handled incorrectly bo some other department

It's not so much that it was handled incorrectly by another department (Prior to today)

It looks like automation failed to place the order for some reason.

I believe you were advised to speak to our provisioning team as they would be the right people to speak to about getting an order placed manually.

I can see you've been in touch with them today.

Firstly I just want to apologise for the fact that the advise they have given you today is incorrect and I apologise for any confusion caused by the fact I am about to contradict what they appear to have advised you.

I've now placed your fibre order manually and we should be able to confirm the estimated completion date within the next 24-48 hours once we have received confirmation from our suppliers.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Further to my previous response, unfortunately it does appear there is no capacity at your cabinet (Despite the systems not advising this when I initially placed the order earlier)

Having said this, your order is still in place, however instead of being given an estimated completion date, the order has been put through on to the waiters list and I have been given a review date on 15/08/16.

Apologies again for any confusion this causes.

I've got a personal ticket raised on your account and I'll continue to monitor your order and keep you updated via the ticket.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet