cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Fibre Extra but still on regular Fibre Speeds

AdamW86
Dabbler

Upgraded to Fibre Extra but still on regular Fibre Speeds

I am going slowly insane trying to speak to someone who can understand what the issue is. I recently upgraded to Fibre Extra from regular Fibre after checking my line on the BT DSL checker to se it could run the full 80/20.

Anyway I completed the upgrade and Plusnet emailed to say the switch was done. It is now Wednesday and I have contacting them every day since Sunday to say my IP profile is set to 38/2. They are saying this is not true and under my account settings it is 80/20. I have ran the BT performance test and it state my line is still profiled at 38/2, these tests were sent to plusnet via the open question I had and then someone from the escalations department said the issue was resolved and closed the question. But this is simply not true!!

Ive rebooted the router everyday and even logged in to the router where it states the connection rate is still 38/2!!!!!!. 

What else can I do?

9 REPLIES 9
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Upgraded to Fibre Extra but still on regular Fibre Speeds

I'm sorry to hear you're not seeing the improved speeds. If you private message me with your username I will be happy to check your account once I'm back in the office this Friday and find out what's happening.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
AdamW86
Dabbler

I have sent you a PM. Every plusnet employee has said the order is complete and now closed but the simple fact of the matter is the service has not been upgraded to Fibre Extra speeds. It is still 38/2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Post a ticket number from your account - that way any PN employee seeing this can take a look.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

@AdamW86 wrote:
I have sent you a PM. Every plusnet employee has said the order is complete and now closed but the simple fact of the matter is the service has not been upgraded to Fibre Extra speeds. It is still 38/2

Thanks for your PM. If your router is reporting a sync of 38/2 still then it is likely that the upgrade order hasn't happened with our suppliers yet. I'll be able to get that placed on Friday, which should then complete the next working day.

I'll check that this is the case though and I'll be in touch first thing Friday.. unless your thread is picked up by my colleagues tomorrow.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
AdamW86
Dabbler

Ticket number is 138632337
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

A router synch of 38/2 seems rather strange. when I was on that package my router sync was 40/2 (39993Kbps/1999Kbps to be precise)

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

He said IP Profile of 38, not sync.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@jelv wrote:

He said IP Profile of 38, not sync.

AdamW86 wrote: 

Ive rebooted the router everyday and even logged in to the router where it states the connection rate is still 38/2!!!!!!. 

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for your patience, checking your fibre order I can see that the modify order was placed and your service is in sync at 80/20.

We've raised a fault yesterday and our faults team should contact you within the next 5 days.