cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Fibre Extra but still getting previous speeds

banjo21
Dabbler

Upgraded to Fibre Extra but still getting previous speeds

Last Friday my upgrade should have kicked in to 76/20 from 40/20. Same price offer Smiley

By Sunday it was the same so called support and they said they'd sorted it - but it was still the same on Monday.

Called support again on Monday and they said they would sort it within 24 hours - but guess what its still the same and today the wholesale website says i am still on 37/20 and actually getting speeds of about 35/8. 

tbh I think its related to a fault I raised on joining whereby the installation engineer connected the modem to a cruddy old extension to the master socket the previous owners had left in place rather than putting it in properly  - that report never got sorted. Could be a new issue and not very delighted at the minute even if BT have been suffering the heat these last few days. 

Can someone please sort it to save me having to call support for a third time?

7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Upgraded to Fibre Extra but still getting previous speeds

Hi there,

I've just been looking into this and can see the order we placed to move the faster service completed as expected on 14/7 which is why we're not looking at this as a fault.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
banjo21
Dabbler

Thanks for the support and looking at it again so promptly.

The issue is that your colleague on Sunday spotted an issue and said he'd fixed it, and your colleague on Monday said he'd spotted the issue and said it would be fixed within 24 hours. If you have a chance to listen to the call he said to call back Thurs/Fri at the latest if is hadn't improved. 

Are you saying the fix went through and this is simply the best speed at this location? I ask because I don't feel that is the case but of course I am not expert and respect that you are.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

There is one easy method of checking

The 40/20 package was actually an 80/20 product limited to 40Mb/s by the Plusnet Current Line Speed

If you carry out the BT Speedtest then Further Diagnostics this will give you the IP profile from which the sync speed can be calculated by multiplying it by 1.0333 approx

banjo21
Dabbler

Thanks again. This is the result from the further diagnostics:-

Oldjim
Resting Legend

What does this say for your expected speeds http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput as with those numbers you didn't need to move from 40/20 as 55/10 would have been all you needed

banjo21
Dabbler

yes agreed - i hadn't seen that site. 

I will look to save my fiver and move back to 50/10. 

Could Plusnet look in to that please.

Oldjim
Resting Legend

It might be better to call Customer Options and, if necessary, invoke the 14 day decline clause to go back to where you were