Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Fibre Extra but still getting previous speeds

FIXED
dannyboy75
Rising Star

Upgraded to Fibre Extra but still getting previous speeds

Afternoon,

I upgraded to Fibre Extra on Friday as my upload was recently reduced from 10mb to 2mb (damn you for only giving me what I'm paying for, Plusnet Wink )

I received an email this morning saying my order has been completed, so got the wife to reboot the BTOR modem about 1pm, then remoted on and ran a speedtest - but I'm still getting the old speeds.

Capture.JPG

Can one of you Plusnet guys help please?

thanks

Dan

18 REPLIES 18
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: Upgraded to Fibre Extra but still getting previous speeds

Fix

Looking at things your line is still provisioned on 40/2 at the BT Wholesale side, an order is in place to upgrade this which is due to complete tomorrow Smiley 

dannyboy75
Rising Star

Thanks Smiley

Will I receive an email once the upgrade has completed, or should I just reboot the modem every few hours until it syncs at the new speed?

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

as things have changed our side already, the email won't be triggered, but as it's an automated process it should go through in the early hours, I'd reboot it when you get up tomorrow, if not try again around midday  Smiley

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

How much did it cost to upgrade to Fibre Extra?

dannyboy75
Rising Star

It's an extra fiver per month, compared to the standard unlimited package.

TBH, I'd been thinking about it for a while anyway, as my line can handle roughly 50mbps download speed, but I was fairly happy with 37/10 as the upload was good. Once my upload got reduced to <2mbps though, it was a no-brainer to upgrade as 2 is just too slow.

At this point I'll repeat what many others have said on here - it's a great shame Plusnet don't offer 55/10 as a mid-tier package, as that would suit me down to the ground. I don't really need 20mbps upload and I can't get more than about 50 down anyway.

Browni
Aspiring Hero

Thanks @dannyboy75, I was wondering if there were any extra costs like a setup fee but as you haven't mentioned any there presumably isn't.

Did you have to start a new 18 month contract as well?

dannyboy75
Rising Star

No setup costs that I could see, providing you're already on Fibre of course (rather than ADSL) Smiley

TBH I didn't bother checking about the contract side as am happy with Plusnet. I did look in the member centre just now, but couldn't see a contract end date listed anywhere. However, best to assume that the upgrade does put you on a new contract (PN staff please correct me if that's not the case).

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

If you upgrade through the member centre its states you stay on the same contract period.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

although staff have stated on here that it will start a new 18 month contract (this was in relation to going from Extra to normal however) https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Downgrade-Fibre-without-a-new-contract/m-p/1342766#...

Browni
Aspiring Hero

Thanks guys,

The product change part of the site was broken for me hence my questions.

Anyhow, livechat sorted that out for me and I've now upgraded to Fibre Extra without signing a new contract Thumbs_Up

eta current stats for comparison tomorrow Cool

4. Board version: Plusnet Hub One
5. DSL uptime: 21 days, 18:30:32
6. Data rate: 1999 / 39952
7. Maximum data rate: 30781 / 96618
8. Noise margin: 30.5 / 21.9
9. Line attenuation: 11.4 / 11.7
10. Signal attenuation: 11.1 / 11.7
stuzip
Hooked

I up graded to fibre extra speeds dropped and keep dropping ip profile keeps dropping and plusnet say the problems my end yet nothing as change my end and want to send openreach out and I could end up paying £50 for the pleasure when in my mind the only thing that was touch was the exchange end so I think it bye bye plusnet

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If your speeds are fluctuating then there is an issue that needs to be resolved to stop this, moving to another provider may simply take the problem with you.

I'd definitely advise going through the faults process at https://faults.plus.net so we can get this investigated.

The £50 is only chargeable if the fault is found to be caused by your internal setup, anything external to your premises this would not be charged. The tests we ask you to go through try to eliminate the possibility of this charge.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
stuzip
Hooked

thanks for your input but my problem is that nothing has changed in my setup no openreach visits just told my upgrade was complete then the problems and after reading in the forums if openreach say the problems at your end the charge occurs and the customer as not got a leg to stand on. but the only thing that was done was done in the exchange and it is openreach that control the ip profile not plusnet . so you can see why I am confused as to why the need for me to sit and wait for a home visit when everything was fine before the upgrade it's not as if I had gone from plain old broadband to fibre extra but just fibre to fibre extra just a increase in line speed . but thanks anyway

briank
Grafter

Similar issue here - FTTP was installed yesterday (29/07/2016) but I'm still only getting ADSL twisted pair download speeds (around 5Mb/s). Will this change automatically or do I need to ask Plusnet to alter my config/account?