Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Fibre Extra and no change in connection speed

FIXED
deljames
Fixes: 1

Upgraded to Fibre Extra and no change in connection speed

Hi, 

I upgraded my account 15 days ago to cope with everyone working for home, I have received the email to say that this happened but my connection speeds haven't changed at all.

I've had my bill amended to start taking the extra amount but currently for nothing. 

I logged a ticket via titter and the response I got was that there is a fault on the line... but we've had no issues or drop outs. 

Openreached appeared yesterday and they say there is no fault between the property and the Exchange but obviously cannot come into the property to check. 

so currently, I've not heard anything since the visit yesterday but still have the same connection speeds.... what do I do now? 

Thanks

Del

6 REPLIES 6
deljames

Re: Upgraded to Fibre Extra and no change in connection speed

Still not heard anything. 

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Is your line capable of higher speeds? Enter your number and post the results in https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Once you have done that log into the router, go to the Advanced tab, then Troubleshooting and post the results of the Help Desk tab.

You will then be able to see if it has been upgraded, or if there is an issue.

deljames

Fix

Hi, 

thanks for reply, I ran the checker below and tbh there's a lot of numbers on there. 

am I supposed to go by the "observed" speeds or the VDSL range A / B speeds

re. the other part I'm not using the standard plus.net router and I'm using a BT Business one (have been for the last year) 

Cheers

Del

phirani
Dabbler

Ranges A and B indicate the expected speeds at that exchange once your speeds settle (10-14 days). What do you see in your router settings, Home>Advanced settings>Technical Log, for data rate and maximum data rate?, also do you have any unfiltered extension sockets or are you already using an ADSL faceplate? A big problem I had was my extension line interfering with the broadband, causing poor performance in the master socket, an ADSL faceplate sorted that and got the master socket to perform the same as the test socket.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Just copy and post the results on here if you want some help.

The BT Hub has the same Help Desk tab.

deljames

Business Smart Hub

SG4B1B0092BE

25-Feb-2020

7 Hours 31 Minutes 47 Seconds

7.27 Mbps / 29.83 Mbps

7427 / 34230

6.2 dB / 5.7 dB

24.8 dB / 40.3 dB