cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Fibre But No Improvement To Speed

nigeleck
Hooked

Upgraded to Fibre But No Improvement To Speed

Was switched over to fibre today but there has been no improvement to my download speed, still running at 7mb.

Did every thing as per the guide, everything went smoothly with no problems. My upload speed has improved but my download speed is exactly the same as before. Not impressed.

Did as per the Fibre - Speed Faults thread - results as below.

Bt wholesale test -

Download speed achieved during the test was - 7.15 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 20 Mbps-38.71 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 38.71 Mbps

Current line speed - 7.5mbs

Anybody got any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
shrubb2121
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Upgraded to Fibre But No Improvement To Speed

You need to contact plusnet by phone for them to adjust your account profile same happened to me when I moved from ADSL to FIBRE.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @nigeleck

Sorry to hear you're having speed issues. It looks like delta reports from suppliers came through a wee bit late. The speed profile changed on your account at 21:46:04 last night.

Are you getting faster speeds now?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Are you getting faster speeds now?

@Anoush Surely, it won't improve until the OP does a disconnect/reconnect to pick up the new profile ? Unless of course the change in profile causes an automatic drop in the connection ( I'm sure it used to but doesn't seem to have done recently! )

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Yeah, I noticed a drop in the connection at the pretty much the same point the profile changed. Wink

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
nigeleck
Hooked

Just checked the speed, was the same at 7mbs so restarted the hub.

Rechecked the speed and I'm now running at 36mbs.

Thanks.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Awesome, happy to hear that.