cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded my account to Fibre extra - can I get an engineer any quicker?

timsumatt

Upgraded my account to Fibre extra - can I get an engineer any quicker?

Yesterday I submitted and put through my upgrade order for Plusnet's Fibre Extra.
I've been with Plusnet for years and have been waiting for fibre to finally reach my area for...well it's be a long time. Years.
Sadly, the earliest engineer date I could get was 15/09/2015. I rang up to see if there was any earlier dates and was simply told no, really? Two weeks for what I've been told is a 30min job?
Is there any way I can speed this process up?
4 REPLIES 4
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Upgraded my account to Fibre extra - can I get an engineer any quicker?

Hello
It is usually a 2 week (sometimes, 3 weeks) wait for an engineer to do a fibre installation, as it's all down to the availability of openreach engineers. So, the 15th sounds about right unfortunately Sad
Hope this helps
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

It depends on the engineering resource in your area I'm afraid.
The date you were given will have been the first available.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

As you've already waited for years, what's a few more days? You'll enjoy it even more, that is providing that PN have indeed placed the order correctly & the OR engineer bothers to turn up!! Wink
NoZephy
Rising Star

Are you really going to moan about a small wait like that?
When I moved house I had to go 3 weeks with no internet at all, at least you can still use your old service while you wait to upgrade. Smiley