Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded from broadband to fibre

FIXED
Tara1984
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Upgraded from broadband to fibre

I upgraded my broadband to fibre last week. I received the router today and in the email when I did the upgrade it said that the change over would be from 24th April. I am still getting the same speeds as before and definitely not fibre speeds. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else before?

18 REPLIES 18
dangerousfish_1
Grafter

Re: Upgraded from broadband to fibre

Have you had any updates yet Tara?

Equally waiting a long time for a response from support. All the support telephone lines appear to be closed but they're still available for new sales it seems =/..

Tara1984
Hooked

Fix
Hi,

No I haven’t had a response. Are you having the same problem then? I was hoping that plusnet would have replied but nothing. I tried live chat but that doesn’t seem to be working.
dangerousfish_1
Grafter

Customer service isn't available directly via the phones or chat at the moment.

If however you call and speak to billing/retentions, they can get you through to the technical team on a call. Might be worth a shot if you don't receive any updates here.

Tara1984
Hooked

Oh ok fair enough. Is customer services not available at weekends then? I just tried live chat and you had to select which option you wanted. It then loads another window and says thanks for chatting to ours advisor. Bloody stupid!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

@Tara1984 

it doeant sound like the upgrade to fibre has happened yet.

Can you post the results of the troubleshooting>helpdesk display on the hub one

Also look at the bt wholesale checker here https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL for your phone number, check the narrative under the speed estimates for something like

' there is an open order on your line , due to complete ...'  

If there is , that's likely when the upgrade will actually happen

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Tara1984
Hooked

What do you mean can I post the results of troubleshooting helpdesk display on the hub one?

I did the BT wholesaler checker. It doesn't say there is an open order on my line.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Looking at that dslchecker , it doesnt look like fibre is available as theres no vdsl speed estimates!! So I'm not sure how you've been able to upgrade

You get to the helpdesk display by going to http://192.168.1.254 then click troubleshooting and then help desk..

You should get a display something like ( blank out your username before posting )

1. Product name: Plusnet Hub
2. Serial number:
3. Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.217.1.1 Last updated Unknown
4. Board version: Plusnet Hub One
5. DSL uptime: 1 days, 14:04:31
6. Data rate: 2001 / 20712
7. Maximum data rate: 3933 / 21043
8. Noise margin: 11.9 / 6.4
9. Line attenuation: 37.2 / 28.7
10. Signal attenuation: 37.0 / 24.6
11. Data sent/received: 202.6 MB / 4.0 GB
12. Broadband username:
13. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID:
14. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 300 Mb/s))
15. 2.4 GHz Wireless security: WPA2
16. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel: 4
17. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID:
18. 5 GHz Wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
19. 5 GHz Wireless security: WPA2
20. 5 GHz Wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless)
21. Firewall: Default
22. MAC Address:
23. Modulation: G.993.2 Annex B
24. Software variant: AA
25. Boot loader: 1.0.0

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Tara1984
Hooked

Well it must be available as it says that fibre is available in my area. It wouldn’t let me upgrade if there was no fibre. There is a cabinet where I live and it even says that fibre is now available. I hoped that plusnet would have replied by now!
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Hi MisterW,

I think fibre is available for Tara1984 becasue VDSL muticast is available.

I suspect the VDSL speed estimates from the top of ADSL chceker page have been cropped.

Probably beacsue the image was a screenshot from a mobile phone.

Richard

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@RichardB  that's a good point , I did wonder whether it was a full screen.

@Tara1984  I agree , the system shouldnt let you upgrade if its not available.

As to getting a response from PlusNet, you will appreciate Im sure that support resources are limited in the current situation and priority is being give to people with faults. That's why people like myself are trying to help where possible to reduce the load on support. However, im just a customer like yourself, so have no access to any account information.

Can you post a FULL screen output from the checker please as an attachment , including all the text at the bottom. ( it should look something like the attached one ) ( please redact your phone number as I have with mine )

daishs
Dabbler

Just checking anyone have any updates on their issues via the  webportal the last contact for me was 4th April ? So anyone had any joy with helpline recently ? Except via Bills and retention line ? Anyone tried OFCOM complains yet ?

dangerousfish_1
Grafter

Tech support were somewhat helpful when I called yesterday.

They advised that by replying to a support ticket, you automatically get moved to the bottom of the queue.

They also advised my ticket had been moved to the wrong queue.

They finally suggested that my profile had been misconfigured by 4x and its going to take them another week to rectify their problem.

But of a shambles but 'some' progress, providing the person I spoke with is true to their word. He was the only person I've spoken with since my issue was raised on the 16th and I had to contact them, rather than the other way around.

Ofcom will most likely help you exit your contract, and you might get an apology.

From past experience with Ofcom + talktalk there really isn't much they can do apart from force your ISP to allow you to leave.
dangerousfish_1
Grafter

Just to add, it's also week 2 trying the customer service route via the phone lines.

They're directing all support calls to create Web tickets, unless you speak to someone in new business/retentions.

Priorities 👌
Tara1984
Hooked

Ok I will do. How did you remove your phone number from the document? I took a snapshot of the checker earlier and it does show speeds for VDSL