cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra and am getting a lot less speed

FIXED
Carn

Upgraded from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra and am getting a lot less speed

Hi, 

Recently upgraded from unlimited fibre to fibre extra and my speed is almost 50% slower than it was originally.

was getting around 34 - 38 Mbps on unlimited fibre, and since upgrading seem to be stuck at 20Mbps.

In my account it shows;

• Product: Unlimited Fibre Extra
  • Estimated Download Range: 53 - 71Mbps
  • Estimated Upload Range: 15 - 18Mbps
  • Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 46.2Mbps
  • Current Line Speed (Download): 21Mbps

The change over happened on the 26th of January.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Upgraded from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra and am getting a lot less speed

Fix

@Carn 

This Current Line Speed (Download): 21Mbps is the problem.

Your PlusNet profile has reverted to an ADSL setting on the upgrade and will be limiting your speed if you have a static IP or have the PlusNet firewall enabled.

We've seen a few instances of this problem recently. Raise a speed fault at https://faults.plus.net . Be sure to mention that your Current Line Speed is set incorrectly.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Carn

Re: Upgraded from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra and am getting a lot less speed

Thank you for the response, I'll raise a fault now.

Carn

Thank you MisterW you were correct and the profile was set wrong, Speeds have returned to what I had before.