cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra SPEED almost halved! 21Mbps out of 54.6Mbps

FIXED
cochin007
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Upgraded from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra SPEED almost halved! 21Mbps out of 54.6

SOrry to say you were wrong. They changed my profile which increased my speed to 33 mbps...

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Upgraded from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra SPEED almost halved! 21Mbps out of 54.6

PlusNet have no direct control over the BT profile, it is set directly by BT Openreach according to the speed at which you synchronise with the DSLAM. What PlusNet can do, is to request  BT OR to 'reset' the DSLAM. Sounds like that what was done in this case. However, if the speed reduction was caused by errors on the line which are still present, then the DSLAM will again reduce the speed and Profile over time.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@cochin007  Actually you are wrong, as @MisterW  said your speed was limited by the BT Wholesale IP profile which is not under Plusnet's control. They have done nothing to increase your speed.  If you try the BT speed test again I expect you will find that the BT profile which automatically tracks your sync speed has been updated but not by Plusnet.🙂

cochin007
Grafter

Hi , 

i raised this issue with support which forwared it to their backend team and they did something. Only thing BT engineer  does is dlm reset which they tried before...and the guy who came  said back end has changed something. BT  openreach cannot change profile .They just do basic trouble shooting as far as i know

cochin007
Grafter

The dlm reset was done multiple times and openreach person doesnt do anything as far as i know other than dlm reset and checking for issue... 

The day i switched to plusnet my speed decreased. and it looks like there are things other than dlm reset..

Current Rate(kbps) 7132 30472
Max Rate(kbps) 7132 36423

See my current rate for last 3 weeks...

It will increase over time but never fall back to 20 mbps.

But it needs some change which plus net requested to some one in the backend...

I have done dlm reset multiple times which made no effect... Either its do with the modem of Plusnet .. Now i use tp-link or some change somewhere else... Not sure.. Just as a guidance to raise the issue with back end support by calling phone.. The agent said they wont directly attend calls... But after a week something changed...Now issue is with Static IP...lol