cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra (30.09.20), when will this upgrade happen?

andyt1970
Grafter

Upgraded from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra (30.09.20), when will this upgrade happen?

Hi, so I upgraded from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra late last night and was wondering when this will happen?

Will it be done externally outside my property so I just have to sit and wait for the speed boost please? Had an
"Information about changing your product" email arrive confirming the new 18 month contract date of today 1.10.20 and increased monthly price - but not sure as to what happens next?

Any assistance please? LIVE CHAT was unavailable.

Andy

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 414

Re: Upgraded from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra (30.09.20), when will this upgrade happen

@andyt1970 

It will happen outside of your property. It might be worth logging into the Hub and disconnecting the broadband, leaving it a minute then reconnecting to see if it picks up at the higher speed. A more extreme check is to factory reset the Hub by pushing a paperclip or similar into the reset hole and keeping the switch closed for at least 20 seconds.

Don’t try the latter more than once a day as it will be logged as a line drop and repeated resets can affect your speed.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

andyt1970
Grafter

Re: Upgraded from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra (30.09.20), when will this upgrade happen

It might be worth logging into the Hub and disconnecting the broadband, leaving it a minute then reconnecting to see if it picks up at the higher speed. 

Thanks for the reply. Not sure how to do that above.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 414

@andyt1970 

This link should hep, the field just toggles between disconnect and connect.   https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/router-reconnect/

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

andyt1970
Grafter

Hi, thank you for that. I didn't know you could dim the modem router lights, very useful.

Anyway, I disconnected the er, connection then it greyed out and wouldn't let me reconnect. Then followed 10 minutes of pure panic "what the heck have I done?" kinda thing with several reboots!

Still wouldn't connect so put a pin and held reset button in for 20 seconds and bingo, now back on the internet, oops!

Anyway, sorry for waffling. The download / upload speed is still the same so am just relieved to have a working 35mbps connection as opposed to nothing, couldn't even connect my works laptop to the wi-fi (obviously) as it was all "dead".

Thanks Smiley

andyt1970
Grafter

Well, something has been done overnight and I'm now getting the Unlimited Fibre Extra speeds I upgraded to, very happy so far!

Just a quick query, sorry if in the wrong forum >

I was paying £32.50 a month for the Unlimited Fibre deal with Unlimited Anytime Calls, this direct debit came on on or shortly after the 1st of each month, so I assume the £32.50 payment taken on 1st September covered the whole month up until 30/09/20 (i.e. in advance).

A new amount of £33.30 was taken yesterday, 1/10/20. (I was expecting it to be £36.99, not that I'm complaining!)

Anyone explain the difference in billing amounts please?

Thank you,

Andy 

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi there @andyt1970 your billing date and your upgrade date are two different dates, so you're probably billed for some of your old service and some of your new Smiley It'll all balance out on your next statement. 

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team