cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded from ADSL and no speed change

FIXED
bobonline19

Upgraded from ADSL and no speed change

So we have Fibre at our previous address and it was great. We moved and could only get ADSL but we have now fibre available so I changed the product back to fibre only nothing has changed. I've had the email to say the change is complete and we're paying for the fibre, the BT openreach says the fibre is available and should be connecting at 33mb minimum but the plus one hub is still only connecting at 14.4Mbps. Tried a couple of disconnets but still no change. Looking around the forums its seems the guys at plus net need to flip a switch their end to say we can now use the service. PLEASE DO THIS.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Upgraded from ADSL and no speed change

Hi there,

Diagnostics are showing a fault with the copper line which is causing this issue.

I've reported it with Openreach and have added details to ticket 157227987 for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bobonline19

The line is brand new only put in in January by OpenReach curious it has a fault already. I look forward to getting the fault resolved.

Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I'm looking into this further for you now.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

It looks like you've since contacted our support team and we've identified that your fibre order is still actually committed [not yet completed] in our suppliers applications. So I've contacted BTwholesale for a bit of info.

We've determined that their systems have incorrectly assigned a completion date of a much later date, even though the initial required by date was delayed because of engineer availability.

In light of this, they've agreed to request Openreach to expedite the order.

We'll keep you updated as we receive updates.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bobonline19

Just to confirm it was Openteach that hadn't done the upgrade and now happily on fibre. I think it may be an idea if you followed up with your customers after the get a new product to see if it met their expectations. A simple "how did we do" email with yes/no comments. This would have identified the fact that the line speed hadn't changed much sooner and negated the need to search through the forums for all these public messages about oversights in your service.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

They do follow up after 14 days

About your broadband speed
--------
Hello xxxxx,

Account username: xxxxxx

When you signed up for Plusnet Broadband, we gave you an estimated line speed. Now that your broadband has now been active for 14 days, we thought we'd let you know the speed as it stands today, by way of comparison.

bobonline19

Oh ok I'll look forward to that. In a bit of a void after receiving the 'congratulations your fibre is now active' and not seeing any change or help. I may get one this time.