cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded Fibre to Fibre Extra: Speeds getting worse

daleh43
Grafter

Re: Upgraded Fibre to Fibre Extra: Speeds getting worse

@goldenfibre, how do you get that test ? Do you think I'll get more even though the engineer said different ?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry to hear your speeds are still below where they should be following an engineer visit.

To further investigate this we'll need to arrange another visit as line tests aren't showing the cause for the fault. I've updated your ticket 186108458, if you can reply with your availability nudging us here when you've done so we'll be happy to book it in.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
daleh43
Grafter

@Gandalf

replied to your update in my fault ticket on Friday, no response. Can any support staff confirm engineer time slot pls ?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@daleh43 We've just updated the ticket for you with the details.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
daleh43
Grafter

Hi,

Ok so the engineer has just left after 2 1/2 hrs tested everything and found a high resistance reading down the line from exchange to cabinet. Rectified the problem and found I had an increase, just a small increase in d/l speed. he told me that the speed is now 64.5 Mbps to the hub and my actual d/l speed has increased by 2.5meg to around about 62Mbps, so i'm losing the 2.5meg from the hub to my hardwired connected laptop. My IP profile has increased to 62.85Mbps from 61.5Mbps.

So, unless there is a problem with the hub as highlighted in red, I think now we have exhausted all possibilities of getting any faster speeds.

Thanks to all involved and may I say that the openreach engineer was exceptional and a credit to the company (plusnet please pass this on to the relevent dept)

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us.

Glad to hear that the engineer was thorough.

We'll ensure your feedback is passed on

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team