Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to fibre

Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Upgrade to fibre

So just found out today that fibre in my area was completed on the 14th Dec 2 weeks early so rang COT as I'm on deal with PN to see what it will cost me to upgrade. Got through twice at lunch time both calls answered within 3 minutes. Another good deal was offered and appointment for install morning of 15th Jan.
So far so good and very pleased with the quick and efficient way it has been sorted so far. Fingers crossed it will continue to go smoothly.
Thank all so far.
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Upgrade to fibre

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad to hear you're happy with the offer.
Not that there should be but if you see any issues on the 15th just drop us a reply back here please.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Mayfly
All Star

Will do Adam,
just to let you know I received the router today, 2 working days after I ordered fibre. Not bad for being posted in the Christmas maelstrom.
Mayfly
All Star

Is my fibre appointment for next Thursday confirmed please?
I may have to make arrangements for a family member to help me out if it is.
Really looking forward to faster speeds.
Mayfly
All Star

Fibre up and running, at the minute I'm getting 29.75 down and 16.5 up BIG difference from 4.5 down and .80 up
All went well and no complaints the only thing I could say if i want to be picky is there was no confirmation the appointment had been accepted tho' I believe one of the emails did say at the start that if it wasn't they would get back to but it is nice to know these things.
The engineer arrived about 10.30 and was away by 10.50.
Is there a 'settling period' for fibre?
Thanks all concerned I'm a happy bunny.
sjptd
Grafter

Is there a 'settling period' for fibre?  Yes.  It starts on maximum speed it thinks it might get away with.  DLM then monitors the line for errors over a couple of days or so.  After that, it decides whether the line is stable at the flat out rate, or whether it should be slowed down by (a) use of higher target snr resulting in greater stability but lower sync speeds, and/or (b) introduction of interleaving which will reduce the number of uncorrectable errors, but lower throughput and increase latency (ping times).
If there are extreme issues, DLM will intervene even before the couple of days are up.  DLM will continue to monitor the line for ever.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I'm really pleased that everything went well and that you've had such a big increase in speeds.
We're changing the provisioning systems soon, so hopefully communication will improve re the appointments.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team