Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to fibre not going well

FIXED
Krystlereese

Upgrade to fibre not going well

Hey guys,
Wondering if someone could give me some help....just switched from normal broadband to fibre, received the Plusnet hub one, plugged in, blue light on, connected to devices....no broadband, Plusnet emailed a day later and said my router was in configuration mode and I had to manually do it following the instructions in the book....umm that’s what I did when it arrived obviously! So reset the router waited then did the whole thing again (on the home hub page it says connected) so I’m unsure as to what manually I have to do? On the surface everything looks fine? Says connected on home page, solid blue light on router but still none of my devises will go to the internet, they are connected via the WiFi but says no broadband? I’ve disconnected router and set up as new twice....the home hub webpage keeps telling me an error which has to do with session numbers too....then when I can get on it it says connected as I’ve said so any clues would be good....
3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Upgrade to fibre not going well

Fix

Hi there.

Sorry for the issues with your new router following your upgrade to fibre. Unfortunately it looks like your router wasn't scanned and linked to your account before it left the warehouse so the automatic setup isn't working.

It's a bit disappointing to see the response you got on your fault ticket 191152617, the adviser could've provided step by step instructions on how to log into your router to rectify the issue. Sad

With a device connected to the WiFi (or directly into the router using an ethernet cable) can you try the below steps?

1. Open an internet browser and type http://192.168.1.254 into the address bar
2. Press the 'Enter' or 'Return' key
3. Click on 'Advanced Settings'
4. Enter the admin password, which is on the back of the router
5. Click on 'OK'
6. Click on 'Continue to Advanced Settings'
7. Click on 'Broadband'
8. Click on 'Disconnect' if necessary
9. Enter your broadband username, which is in the format of yourusername@plusdsl.net
10. Enter your broadband password, which is your account password
11. Click on 'Connect'

I've also added a reply onto your fault ticket with this information but with your actual broadband username.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Krystlereese

Hi,
Yeah the first reply wasn’t exactly clear....the booklet is just basic and i’d done all that obviously! You’re a good one though Gandalf cheers....all fixed now 😁
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Cheers for getting back to us, I'm glad to see that you're back up and running now Thumbs_Up

Sorry again for the first reply you got, if you need any further help please do let us know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet