cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to fibre: no service

Liza87

Upgrade to fibre: no service

Hi all,
Probably foolishly I decided to upgrade to fibre on 22nd March and requested via online plusnet account. Mail said product due to be switched today (30th) which is grand as should just be a cab change, no house visit needed as it'll be fibre to cab not house.

However, standard Broadband went off Friday, notes on a/c from plusnet say no contact from OpenReach re the order and now the whole of Plusnet support seem to have gone awol - while I understand it's a challenging time surely some route should be open to customers with no service? At this stage I wish they had just cancelled the order, leaving me with the former service.

I'm hoping that the new router will arrive in the next couple of days and I can just plug n go but tbh it's a bit rubbish to have been left with no service and no contact at all.

Anyone having/had similar issues? Will it be magically OK when the router appears?! Anyone have any top tips or secret way of getting in touch with plusnet support?Huh

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Pinkangeldaisy

Re: Upgrade to fibre: no service

Hi if it's any help we were due to switch to fibre on 24th March but nothing we did manage to get through last week and they said now 2nd April. Once you get the new router it easily connects to your old Internet once you put new password in, in fact it made mine faster even without fibre so should be OK when you get it in the post. My problem now is I'm nearly out of the 14 day cooling off period and I wanted the fibre fitted within it. I've tried calling them but they've gone awol. I'm getting nervous that if anything goes wrong with the new fibre I will have nobody to talk to but then if I cancel they may stop it altogether! Will just cross fingers. Good luck!