Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to fibre from ADSL

coachyard
Hooked

Upgrade to fibre from ADSL

Good Afternoon,

I have last week upgraded to fibre connection from ADSL.

I do live a long way from an exchange but i seem to be getting a very slow speed for upload and download considering its fibre.

Upload of around 0.5 M and download of around 3-4 M. I was under the impression that the download was to be between 8-14M.

Is there something that can be looked at?

9 REPLIES 9
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Upgrade to fibre from ADSL

Have you actually been upgraded OR have you just received the 'your product change is complete' email ?

If the latter then there's a pretty good chance that the actual upgrade hasn't happened yet and you're still on ADSL

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

coachyard
Hooked

No i did question that!

My ADSL service was around 1 meg download and 0.75 up.

My service stopped working and i had to change the router on Friday morning just gone.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Have a look here @coachyard.

That will show the speeds you can expect and also may show when your fibre will go live if there is details of an open order in the narrative.

coachyard
Hooked

There is no open order as it has been completed.

The speeds dont match what I am receiving.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

In that case you probably need to go through the broadband faults process https://www.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

coachyard
Hooked

OK i will do that. Thanks.

PeterBirt
Grafter

Hi,

I have just tested your line and I have found a phone fault on the copper line.

Your fault has now been raised with Openreach for further investigation. They have advised the estimated time for resolution is <b>Wednesday, the 14th of December 2016</b>

You can monitor this online on ticket 139932884

coachyard
Hooked

Hello,

The phone line has been repaired and I now get a dial tone.

The Broadband speed hasn't improved though, i cycled the power to the router but with no change.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @coachyard

It's possible that your broadband is still banded as a result of the recent phone fault. Leave this with me, I'll run a few tests down your line tomorrow.

And I've looked into it. Testing your broadband I can see your router is in sync at a low speed. We're possibly going to need to arrange an engineer; I've updated your fault ticket with the next step.

If you let me know once you've replied I'll progress the fault.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button