cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to fibre - first billing date passed but no router and no installation date

FIXED
KeefyC

Upgrade to fibre - first billing date passed but no router and no installation date

Now I am working at home and sharing the broadband with a teenager, I decided to upgrade to a fibre connection. I got an email saying my first billing date for the upgraded service would be 25th March but I have had no installation date and have not received my router. How do I find out when I can go live and avoid being charged extra in the meantime?

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

Re: Upgrade to fibre - first billing date passed but no router and no installation date

Fix

@KeefyC  Welcome to the forum 

I. can’t comment on charging but upgrades are taking a while because Openreach are concentrating their diminished resources on keeping the network running.

You might get a clue if/when the upgrade is currently programmed if you put your phone number in here. Read through and see if there’s mention of an open order and a completion date.  https://my.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

KeefyC

Re: Upgrade to fibre - first billing date passed but no router and no installation date

Thanks @Baldrick1 that shows me completion by 3rd April, which is not too far off. No idea when the Plusnet router will arrive. May order a Netgear one in the meantime, from what I've read recently the plusnet ones can have an issue with the 5GHz wifi

dws1900
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@KeefyC 

Or you could wait, see if the PN1 works for you which may be dependant on the type and size of your property.

Then you could either buy another router (but be prepared to be disappointed Sad as I have three routers that are rubbish in getting a signal round a four bedroomed 20 year old property), or skip the mains plug option ( more disappointment Sad ) and try a mesh based system that does not include a router ( so that leaves about one option) and use the existing PN router with the WiFi off.

Hint, they are Round and White about the size of a side plate. Smiley