Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Unlimited Fibre Extra - No Speed Increase

FIXED
Am1707
Fixes: 1

Upgrade to Unlimited Fibre Extra - No Speed Increase

Hi, this seems to be a recurring theme on here.

My original contract for Unlimited Fibre Broadband, was due for renewal, so I decided to upgrade the contract as it should work out cheaper.

I completed this on Wednesday 2nd December 2020. Obviously no change of speed change right away, but I waited until my billing date of 15th December 2020 to see if it kicked it then. That has now passed, so it has been over two weeks since my 'upgrade' and I have no change in internet perfromance.

I have completed both the BT tests and my line should be capable of carrying 77Mbps, so does anyone have a solution for how to solve this?

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Upgrade to Unlimited Fibre Extra - No Speed Increase

@Am1707  according to the BT performance test your line is synching at the maximum 80/20 speeds.

Are your speed tests being done on a wired connection ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Hi @Am1707 

In addition to @MisterW 's question.

What does this page-> https://www.plus.net/member-centre/broadband

report for the current line speed?

Regards

Richard

Am1707

Ok, I may have fixed it. When I looked at the Router admin, it said it had been online for the past 15 days. So on this occasion I did the turn it off/ turn it on approach and it appears to have worked, at least according to the BT Test. I'm slightly sceptical because in the past this standard approach never usually works, but I guess there is a first time for everything!

I'm currently at work now but I will try again later when I get home. 

Am1707

Fix

Yes I can confirm after testing over the weekend everything seems fine and I have indeed been upgraded to the faster line. Hopefully everyone else can have an easy solution as mine - restarting the router - although I know usually that is not the case.