Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Fibre

Agrajag
Grafter

Upgrade to Fibre

Hi all,

Last evening I placed an upgrade request to Unlimited Fibre Extra - and was not asked as part of the process if I needed a new router... Which of course I do - is one sent automatically?

Also, I did not receive an email confirmation of the upgrade request - is this normal or am I being impatient 🙂

Thanks,

Andy

8 REPLIES 8
TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 3

Re: Upgrade to Fibre

Hi Andy, pm me your account user name and I will have a look

TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 3

Hi, I have checked your account, I can see there is a note from last night about upgrading, the process hasn't fully completed yet, You should get confirmation of the order being placed & your new contract in the next 48 working hours, I have taken the liberty of sending you your new router though which will arrive in the next 3-5 working days, The Fibre order itselff usually takes 10-12 working days to complete once the order has been placed.

Agrajag
Grafter

Superb - thanks Tony.

Andy

Agrajag
Grafter

Hi all,

Sorry for dragging this thread back up...

In the early hours of this morning I received the "Your broadband product change is now complete" email stating my upgrade to Fibre Unlimited Extra had been completed.

As far as I can tell it has not - as my router has not re-synced. Indeed if I look on dslchecker it states "There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 30-May-2017".

Is there someone at Plusnet who can check this is a committed date?

Thanks,

Andy 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

If it's shown on the dslchecker then you can be pretty certain it's a committed date. The engineer could do the change at the cabinet anytime during the day.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Agrajag,

Looks like the order is committed for today, so you should be on fibre at some point later today.

You may notes a drop in connection and then when you reconnect you should see an increase to fibre speeds after the work at external work has been completed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Agrajag
Grafter

Thanks guys - hoped that's what it was.

Andy

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

No problem, let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet