cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Fibre - speed and support issues

pkroberts
Dabbler

Upgrade to Fibre - speed and support issues

My 'upgrade' to fibre was apparently completed yesterday. The estimated speed expected was 38-40 Mb/s. I am actually getting just over 6Mb/s. Having completed all of the recommended tests, I managed to contact an advisor via the chat service who claimed to

have adjusted some settings on our side to improve the speed of your connection; If you reboot your router you should be able to see these changes once the router is connected again.

Well, if anything, it's now slightly slower. I then received an email telling that "You can follow the progress of this Question online and add information if you need to." (my italics). In fact, there doesn't seem to be any way to add information to the question, just links leading back to the general help/contact pages.

Additionally, the BTW wholesale test is showing the Max Achievable Speed at only 15.7Mb/s, so how can Plusnet claim that the estimated expected speed was "based on data provided by our supplier"?

I've got the feeling I'm getting the 'run around' here. Can anyone advise me on how to escalate this short of going to OFCOM?

6 REPLIES 6
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Upgrade to Fibre - speed and support issues

Put your phone number in here and post a screen image of the results (remember to hide your phone number).

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Brian

pkroberts
Dabbler

BTB Check.JPG

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Assuming you have a "clean" line you should be able to get between 45.2 & 61.2 download speeds (depending on which package you ordered).

One thing that comes to mind is are you sure the order completed. If I remember correctly the DSL Checker results would mention an "open order" in the narrative.

As it's a weekend it may be a PlusNet staff member won't pick this thread up until next week.

Brian

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

I've tested your line and it's not showing any issues.

Are you testing over a wired or wireless connection?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
pkroberts
Dabbler

It's a wired connection. Still only getting just over 6Mb/s most of the time (up to about 7 'off peak'). I'm using your recommended speed checker (BT Wholesale) to check the speed.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Are you using Firefox by any chance?

If so can you try a different browser.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team