Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Fibre Extra

FIXED
Dlb36
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Upgrade to Fibre Extra

I fail to understand how you claim that my speed performance meets the guaranteed speed of fibre extra more like unlimited fibre speed. Have you activated my upgrade to Fibre extra? 

see below 

Download speed achieved during the test was 26.66 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 20.5-29.28 Mbps
Your DSL Connection Rate: 0 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM),0 Mbps(UP-STREAM)

I do have a open ticket but you appear to have ignored it for 7 days now. 

Please advise 

9 REPLIES 9
Dlb36
Hooked

Re: Upgrade to Fibre Extra

Shouldn’t this be fibre extra speed 

For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 40-58.68 Mbps

I think there maybe error or two somewhere over the rainbow 

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Is your line capable of higher speeds? Enter your number and post the results in https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Once you have done that log into the router, go to the Advanced tab, then Troubleshooting and post the results of the Help Desk tab.

You will then be able to see if it has been upgraded, or if there is an issue.

Dlb36
Hooked

Doesn’t look like so it looks like I’ve. Been mis-sold

Telephone Number 012**********on Exchange P********is served by Cabinet 26
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Handback
Threshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date Left in Jumper
High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) 62.9 40.9 16.2 10.1 35 Available Available --
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 60.4 35 15.8 9.1 31 Available Available --
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install Process
FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available --
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) ADSL Availability Date WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in Jumper
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 5 -- 4 to 6 Available Available Yes
WBC ADSL2+ Annex M Up to 5 Up to 0.5 4 to 6 Available Available Yes
ADSL Max Up to 5 -- 4 to 6 Available Available --
WBC Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available Available Yes
Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available -- --
Observed Speeds VDSL ADSL
Max Observed Downstream Speed 31.79 8.41
Max Observed Upstream Speed 8.97 1.26
Observed Date 2020-04-23 2019-09-07
Other Offerings Availability Date
VDSL Multicast Available
ADSL Multicast Available
Premise Environment Status
Bridge Tap U
VRI N
NTE FacePlate N
Last Test Date 13-04-2020
FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 30 Nov 2012. the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30 Jun 2014.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Thank you for your interest

Mustrum
Community Veteran

Well that is half of the information, but it does show your line is capable of running higher speeds, but is only running at:

Max Observed Downstream Speed 31.79
Max Observed Upstream Speed 8.97

This suggests to me that your internal wiring is slowing things down, especially as you have only revently updated from ADSL. When FTTC was first rolled out, Openreach would fit a filtered Master Sockect, and the modem/router needed to be plugged into it. More recently ISP's just send out the router for self install, and Openreach are only called if there are speed issues reported.

Currently Openreach will not enter peoples homes,  so your only option is to locate the Master Socket, remove the front two screws and locate the test socket and plug your router there.

Before you do, get a copy of the Help Desk Page and do the same after, you should see a difference in your max attainable speeds. Sync speeds will take a few days to change.

Dlb36
Hooked

Hi

I did all that two weeks ago and left it plug into the test socket for at least a week and there was no real sign of improvement. i did raise a ticket with Plusnet and i raised another after they sent me a new router (same model). unfortunately the new router won't let me past the plusnet login page on the browser. 

I am working from home so really can't afford to keep switching routers etc and losing downtime.

Thanks

Mustrum
Community Veteran

Without looking at the Help Desk page Attainable speeds, you will need to leave it in the test socket for longer.

Not sure what you mean by same modem - if they sent you a new Hub One, then you don't need a modem.

Some browsers do seem to have problems logging in, have you tried another, idealy from a Windows PC/Laptop?

Openreach will not be visiting homes until at least June, if you want to just wait for an engineer just let me know.

Dlb36
Hooked

Just spoke to the technical support and a Open Reach is scheduled to visit Monday to look at the problem.
Dlb36
Hooked

I didn’t mention Modem I said they sent me the same router as I already have a hub one model. I will see if the engineer turns up and if not I will look at your recommendations. Which browser do recommend to use.
Dlb36
Hooked

Fix
Well the Openreach Engineer turned up yesterday as promised and managed to resolve it without coming into my house. The fault was on the external wires, which for the record is outside my control. The fault occurred on the old wiring which was probably installed when the estate was built in 1994 and the BT box on the entrance to the estate is 450 metres away from my property. To resolve the issue they switch to other wiring connection Which was installed in 2014 after I had another landline installed for my job at the time. The speed doubled instantly when they did the switch.