cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Fibre Extra - remain on contract...

lukemcinnes
Grafter

Upgrade to Fibre Extra - remain on contract...

Hi there,

I am looking to upgrade to Extra as the 2Mbit upload speed is choking me. If I go to upgrade through member centre I am told the following: 

"Change to this package and remain on your current 18 contract (5 months remaining)"

This seems quite clear to me. I can upgrade without agreeing to an 18 month term. Can someone on these forums confirm that this is the case? The guy on the phone told me that I would need a new contract. The small print doesn't seem clear on this issue. 

Thanks,

Luke

7 REPLIES 7
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Upgrade to Fibre Extra - remain on contract...

Hello there @lukemcinnes and welcome to the community forums

I believe that upgrading from Unlimited Fibre to Fibre Extra would create a new contract, but from what your Member Centre is advising you it appears it'll retain the existing contract period.

Leave this with me; I'll look into it and I'll get back to you tomorrow.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@lukemcinnes I did that back in August and it didn't start a new contract. Here's what it says in the service notice when the upgrade took place...

Dear xxx,

This is confirmation that your Unlimited Fibre Extra (Without Phone) - Market 2/3 contracted service has now activated.
You're in month 6 of your 18 Months contract.

You can view further information about this contract on the Account Summary page in the Account Details section of the portal.

lukemcinnes
Grafter

Hey Browni & Anoush,

Thanks both for getting back to me. I spoke with an advisor on chat and he assured me that I would not require to go onto a new contract and that it will only apply to the remainder of my current contract. That was reassuring and definitely goes in favour when considering how to proceed come contract end. For this reason I upgraded via the member centre (and saved my chat down in case!).

Happy to respond once I receive confirmation that upgrade has went through. Appreciate the input from both.

Thanks,
Luke
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

With a bit of luck the upgrade will take place at 2am Thumbs_Up

lukemcinnes
Grafter

Sure enough I got a mail @ 01:52 confirming that the upgrade had taken place. This was not reflected in my speed test this morning but I will check again this evening once I am home from work.

Thanks,

Luke 

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Thanks for getting back to us Luke

I can confirm that your contract length hasn't been touched. Looking at the upgrade order with our suppliers it appears to have been pushed back by 24 hours. I'm not entirely sure of the reason, however, it is now committed for tomorrow.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
lukemcinnes
Grafter

Checked the line before work this morning and speed test was coming in at ~55/20 so something certainly happened during the night. Wonder if that download speed will creep up.

Anyway - looks like my initial question has been answered. I've been upgraded and remained on the same contract so thanks folks.

Luke