Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Fibre Extra and no change in sync speed

FIXED
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Upgrade to Fibre Extra and no change in sync speed

Hi, I maybe jumping the gun here... I upgraded from PN Fibre to PN Fibre Extra yesterday evening. I received the upgrade complete e-mail this morning - very fast an efficient! I was not really expecting the upgrade to be applied in such a short timescale. However, there is no sign of a change in my synch speed or any drop in synch overnight. I cannot see any open orders for my line on https://www.dslchecker.bt.com Could a member of staff please check to see if BTW and Openreach were notified of the change in product? Regards Richard
7 REPLIES 7
RichardB
Seasoned Champion

Re: Upgrade to Fibre Extra and no change in sync speed

Hmmm Is something amiss with forum this morning? I see my post text was stripped of the "carriage returns" after I posted. Now it is shown as one long line of text, wrapped to fit the frame / box. There is no option to edit the text after posting. I also notice as I type this post that there are no options to format the text such as bold, underline, font size etc.
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Fix

Hi @RichardB

It looks like we're still waiting for the speed modify order to go through on this one - I've asked a colleague to expedite this for you and you should start seeing the benefits by the end of the weekend. My apologies that the email went out a little early on this one - it was our system that jumped the gun, rather than yourself!

In terms of the forum formatting issues - this is something we're aware of and have raised to the team that maintains the platform - We're hopeful it will be resolved soon.

Best wishes

Dave

RichardB
Seasoned Champion

Hi Dave, Thank you for clarifying the situation. Regards Richard
sheffpete
Rising Star

Hi, Not directly related, but did you get a upgrade offer from PN, I did recently but when I checked pricing it was much worse than new customers, so just wondered what deals were out there for existing users. 

RichardB
Seasoned Champion

Hi

New customers appear to be offered fibre extra for £27.50 per month (no call package included).

Fibre extra was offered (via the member centre online upgrade route) for £31.50 per month (We have legacy evenings and weekends call package included).

Our teenagers hammer the internet. If youtube was included in the usage I can believe we will be using over 1Tb  a month. So I was happy with paying more than a new customer.

Regards

Richard

sheffpete
Rising Star

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply, its a shame only new customers get decent offers, seems I will have to leave at the end of my contract and join another provider to get a competitive package.

regards,

Pete.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @sheffpete 

The offers for new customers are simply introductory deals and aren't something we can always match upon retention. Our deals for existing customers while not exactly the same, they're different and in some cases may work out to be better.

If you call our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 within the last 3 months of your contract end date I'm sure we'd be able to make you a tempting offer to keep you as a customer.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet