Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade speed issue.

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Upgrade speed issue.

I have renewed the contract and upgraded to Fibre Plus. The email has arrived and said all is complete and good to go..except it isn't. Here's a couple of screen shots, the first from the B Wholesale site...

BT Wholesale Test 13-12-18.JPG

And one from the Which speed test...

Which Speed Test 13-12-18.JPG

As you can see, they are not far apart, but very far from what I should be getting. Is there anything that needs a tweak?. Tests were done wired, I have changed the filter, and bought a new cable, nothing has worked.

Below is what I should be getting and I'm nowhere near it...

Line speed.JPG

I'm not even close to the current line speed. Can this be looked at/sorted please? I'm not paying for Fibre Extra if I'm only getting approx 4 or 5 meg difference from the 38 connection.

Thank you. 

Just to add, There is only 1 socket in the house and all the usual tests have been done.

MODS. If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
13 REPLIES 13
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Upgrade speed issue.

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to Fibre 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Pete11, I've tested the line which shows you are in sync at 52.4mb which is within the estimates.

How is the speed looking your side today? If it's still lower than expected, can you connect your router to the test socket (socket behind the faceplate of your master socket) and if there is still an issue, please raise a fault here and let us know once done so.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Pete11
Seasoned Pro

Thanks for the response.

You asked how my speed was now, well this was taken at 11-50 today...Speed 2.JPG

A long way from what it should be. Test was done wired. As for test socket, I have removed the faceplate from the only socket we have in the house...there is only 1 socket for the line, no test socket.

I had this same problem approx 12 months ago when trying to upgrade and a fault was found at the cabinet. I couldn't upgrade then. The engineer that called back then phoned PN and told them to put me back to 38/10. I would have thought that 12 months on, all would be sorted but obviously not. I don't know if this helps but using wifi my speed is 38.6 and 8.9 respectively.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for getting back to us Pete, it would be best to report a fault with us next over at http://faults.plus.net please let us know when you have. - Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Pete11
Seasoned Pro

I have replied on the link provided and should any more details be required please ask.

Thanks.

Pete.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks I've checked the account but no fault has been opened, could you give that another try please? - Adam 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Pete11
Seasoned Pro

I have replied and it's here for some reason...right at the bottom together with a screen shot.

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=185453075

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Pete11,

Thank you for updating the ticket on your account. I have reviewed your response this evening and sent a reply via the ticket which can be viewed here.

Once you've been able to respond to the ticket, please let us know so that we can pick this back up again as soon as possible.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Pete11
Seasoned Pro

I have responded to the ticket, together with a speed test screen grab. I have checked and double checked all connections etc. and can't find any fault at my address. Here's a speed test result...

Not very good for fibre extra is it?

speed 3.JPG

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks Pete.

I can one of our fault agents is currently working the fault ticket on your account and he'll update you shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pete11
Seasoned Pro

To update this.

At around 8.40 this morning, the router rebooted itself (unless it was from PN's side). The speed has increased and I'm now getting speeds of 54/15. A big improvement. 

I haven't clicked the 'Fix' button because I don't know what caused the router to reboot but if it was from PN's side of things then it worked.

Can you please cancel the engineers visit due on 27th as speeds seem to be stable.

Thank You.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear that the issue appears to be fixed.

I've cancelled the visit as per your request and passed the ticket back to yourself

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Pete11
Seasoned Pro

Thank you for reply and if any issues arise I'll be in touch.  Thumbs_Up