Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra "unsuccessful"

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Upgrade from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra "unsuccessful"

Last Friday (5th) I took up an offer to upgrade (as per title). As others have had, I got the response

A modify order on this account was unsuccessful.

The reason given was "Self install is not a modifiable parameter.".

Modify order type:

An attempted move from ADSL 1 on WBC to ADSL2+An attempt to change the upstream capping

I would appreciate staff assistance to get the update done, thanks.

Phil

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
2 REPLIES 2
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Upgrade from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra "unsuccessful"

Hi @ PeeGee,

Thanks for getting in touch, I appreciate your query and apologise for any confusion.

This is a modem alert generated by the Openreach system checklist and essentially refers to you connecting your modem itself. It is in reference to older ADSL connections where engineers need to connect modems so really would be bypassed today with the exception of legacy connections. Given you were attempting this yourself the option choice needed to be made although procedure would not allow a self install, so it was probably a bit nonsensical. I can see your modify ticket shows everything is in hand for completion on the date here so it all looks in order.

Thanks - LF

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Upgrade from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra "unsuccessful"

This has now been half-sorted: The basic changes have all been done and the modem-router restarted, just in case, but my account still says "Unlimited fibre" and the profile hasn't changed - so 51/9.5Mbps on a speed test.

Phil

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.