Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from ADSL

FIXED
Beermonsta
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Upgrade from ADSL

Ive just (Friday 25th) decided to upgrade my connection and wondered a few things, Im due to go live on the 2nd, will my router be posted out in time, and on my member centre, the fibre order is dated 01/01/1970 is this anything to be concerned about?

Thanks In Advance Smiley

12 REPLIES 12
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Upgrade from ADSL

Fix
Hello there,

The router should arrive in time and I'd say that that date isn't something to be worried about.

If you private message me with your username I'll be happy to check up on the order for you tomorrow morning when I'm in the office.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Beermonsta
Rising Star

Thank You Anoush, PM sent

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thank you for your PM.

I can confirm your fibre order is in progress, but for the 08/12/2016. It's been pushed back by Openreach due to engineer availability in your area I'm afraid. The service will go live at any point up to midnight on the day and you may need to reboot your router afterwards.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Beermonsta
Rising Star

Good Morning!

Thanks for the update Anoush

I cant say that I'm surprised about Openreach, recently they have been about as much use as a chocolate teapot in my area, but it does give me a little more time to get things prepared for the switchover!

Thanks again.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No probs, sorry for the delay. I've just remembered I didn't check up on your new router order; they are usually ordered automatically so should be OK but I'll confirm tomorrow.

Beermonsta
Rising Star

No worries Anoush, with the OP pushback, it gives the equally useless Royal Mail to get their act together!

Thanks for the update

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Your notification just reminded me to check your account now. I've ordered your router manually now so you should get this within the next 3-5 days, in time for the fibre activation.

Beermonsta
Rising Star

Just got the email to say that my fibre connection is live, but was not due to go live till the 8th.

Could you please check the status of my order before I start to connect things up!!!
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

If you ADSL is still working then the upgrade probably has not gone through yet. We have seen a few examples of that email going out early recently.

That said if you now have your Hub One, then you could connect it up now or over the weekend ready for the 8th, they work with ADSL and VDSL. 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Ignore the email, it's wrong!. Your account has changed to Fibre but the actual upgrade won't happen until the date Anoush gave you.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

You've probably received the notorious "Your broadband product change is now complete" email which does not mean you have been upgraded yet. No wonder support is so busy with these confusing e-mails. Your account type has changed but you will not get fibre until BT connect it up in the cabinet. I've had the same myself, ordered an upgrade got the e-mail but after chasing PlusNet they tell me there is a problem with the order which should be resolved by today but no response yet. Looking at the broadband checker says fibre will not be available until 17th January - not looking good.Sad 

Beermonsta
Rising Star

Thanks for the clarification guys, much appreciated..I thought it was a bit weird seeing that I can actually see my cabinet from my living room and no-one had been near it!

Ill leave connecting up the Hub One till I go live properly, I have to get my moneys worth out of this Netgear router!!