cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgarde path - Speed Info required (Please)

mikwalker

Upgarde path - Speed Info required (Please)

Hi,
Been a Plusnet customer since 2009 on ADSL, moved house and am investigating  fibre upgrade.  I'm sure Plusnet used to have support 24/7  (going round  in circles on portal, grrrrrrrrr...).  Phones now only active 'office hours +'.  Anyone in S74 postcode on fibre willing to share actual speed. Don't want to rely on 'estimates'.....
Any info gratefully recieved  Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Upgarde path - Speed Info required (Please)

Speeds from people in the same postcode area as you will be no indication at all. Someone 400 yards from you will have totally different speeds.
Put your phone number in to http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome - you will get at least the impacted low speed.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@mikwalker
Try Think BroadBand map at http://maps.thinkbroadband.com/?utm_source=mainsite&utm_medium=navigation&utm_campaign=maps&utm_cont...
Put your full postcode in and then click the option to enable speed test results to see what speed test results people in your immediate area are getting
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: georgelnx
Put your full postcode in and then click the option to enable speed test results to see what speed test results people in your immediate area are getting
But bear in mind (also I suppose when asking around) that not everyone choose to pay for the higher speeds and some results may be skewed because the test was performed using a wifi connection.