cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update of Ticket 182142978

rbz5416
Grafter

Update of Ticket 182142978

I need to update the above but it appears that it's only possible to add a single image at a time, which also seems to add an empty comment, so I'll add the images here & post a link in the ticket.

I've had ongoing issues with this connection from day one but since the last OR visit, the line is at least stable. The issue that seems to have been introduced on that visit is one poor initial speeds on a speed test. For starters, here's a good speed test before the switch to Plusnet.

Good.png

As you can see full speed is achieved pretty much immediately. Next image is post Plusnet switch.

Average.png

Here we see a delay in achieving max speed & the speed is unstable as shown by the sawtooth. Next image is immediately after the OR visit.

Bad.png

What we see here is that it now takes around 5 seconds to achieve full speed. This seems to manifest itself in slow page loads of sites with lots of content from different providers. Typically those that are advert heavy such as Facebook.

Now there is some confusion as to exactly what OR did on 12th September. They were supposedly booked to switch the connection to a new port & this is what they claim to have done in the ticket. However I caught up with them while they were at the old cabinet adjacent to the fibre cabinet. They had disconnected the copper side & tested back to my property. As I arrived they had just reconnected.

I asked about switching ports & they had no knowledge of this & said they wouldn't be undertaking that. At that point they returned to their van & left. The next image is a latency test of my line that constantly pings the router. You can see the down time where the line was disconnected as the red block. This ends at approx. 14:30 which coincides with my arrival at the cab. ie they had just reconnected the copper to my property.

Downtime.png

Now the ECO note in the ticket showing the line was moved is timed at 14:54. As can be seen from the above image, there was no further down time on the line. Combined with OR saying they had no instructions to do this makes me question if this did actually happen?

Finally here's a speed test from yesterday which is around half the guaranteed minimum, although speed has returned to normal today. The slow build up to even reduced speed is still evident.

Congestion.png

So we can clearly see that whatever did happen on the 12th September, it has introduced a new or at least significantly worsened delay. Can this please be sent back to Wholesale for investigation?

9 REPLIES 9
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Update of Ticket 182142978

Sorry to hear you're still having issues.

I can see one of our faults team is dealing with this for you and we'll update you when we know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
rbz5416
Grafter

I updated the ticket on Wednesday but no response since?

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @rbz5416

Thanks for coming back to us. I'm really sorry that my colleagues didn't respond to your ticket updates.

I've flagged this with a senior member of our faults team and they'll be contacting you this afternoon as a priority to discuss.

Best wishes,

Dave

rbz5416
Grafter

@RandallFlagg

Thanks Dave, contact made. Smiley

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

@rbz5416 thanks for letting us know.

Please accept our apologies again in regards to this. 

Do not hesitate to get back in touch with us if you need ever need more assistance. 

Thanks, 

Mor

rbz5416
Grafter

I've accidentally closed the ticket in error. Can it be re-opened please so I can update as the issue still exists.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @rbz5416, I've now re-openend the ticket for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
rbz5416
Grafter

Seems to be another knot in the wire. I updated the ticket on Friday...

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @rbz5416 

I can see an agent is currently working the ticket. 

Updates should come through to you shortly. 

Thanks, 

MoR