cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update my IP profile please as it's still using the previous ADSL bandwidth.

ExtremeZero
Grafter

Update my IP profile please as it's still using the previous ADSL bandwidth.

ADSL plusnet.JPGADSL 2.JPGADSL 3.JPG

Telephone number:
--------------------
Phone exchange:
--------------
Estimated line speed:
22Mb (This may vary between 16.1Mb and 22.6Mb) - Checked on 2016-07-04 19:45:44
Current line speed:
40 Mb

Still seeing the bandwidth I was getting back in my old package deal. I have the Plusnet Hub and everything is set up so I'm not sure why the IP profile is still the same but the current line speed is at 40Mb. Am I suppose to wait for someone to change things at the cabinet or has things already been set up and I'm just waiting for the IP profile to update?

14 REPLIES 14
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Update my IP profile please as it's still using the previous ADSL bandwidth.

It looks like your account has changed over prematurely as your fibre upgrade isn't due to complete until Friday.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ExtremeZero
Grafter

Re: Update my IP profile please as it's still using the previous ADSL bandwidth.

Nothing seems to have changed so far. In fact my ADSL IP profile has been reduced from 6.5 to 5.5 and is now affecting my bandwidth which seems to be going around 3Mbps to 4Mpbs. Is this normal to happen during the transistion?

Telephone number:
Phone exchange:
Estimated line speed:
22Mb (This may vary between 16.1Mb and 22.6Mb) - Checked on 2016-07-04 19:45:44
Current line speed:
5.5 Mb
 Download speedachieved during the test was - 4.07 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :6.69 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 5.5 Mbps

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

It appears that our suppliers have pushed back your fibre upgrade date due to a delay.

The order is committed for 19/07/2016 at any point up to midnight.

Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
ExtremeZero
Grafter

Seems like nothings changed again though it appears this time I did get an upstream test unlike other tests. Dose this mean I'm actually using FTTC now or do I have to wait again for it change over.

Because if it's the former then it's still using the same ip profile from the previous package. The latter is tedious.

Download speedachieved during the test was - 4.35 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 4.23 Mbps-6.05 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 6.05 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.99Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 2 Mbps

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Your line is now fibre. It appears that automation hasn't updated the speed profile on our side yet. I've manually adjusted it now. Having tested your line the circuit is in sync at only 6.4 Mbps. I would suggest reporting this to us at http://faults.plus.net for further investigation.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
ExtremeZero
Grafter

I'm trying to report it but I can never get anywhere past the log-in due to the service being unavailable.

EDIT: Managed to brute force my way through to submiting it.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for getting back to us. That's a known issue that our engineers are working on resolving. I've completed the troubleshooter for you now. Our faults team should be in touch within 72 hours.

[Edit]

@ExtremeZero Thanks for your patience. I had some free time at the end of my shift so I've updated your fault ticket for you.

ExtremeZero
Grafter

A BT openreach enginner popped up at my house today instead of the appointed monday. He preety much did the standard testing in both my house, outside and at the cabinet & exchange. He has said that my download speed is the way it is because of the distance between the cabinet and my house and that the estimated speeds don't take that into account but he still tried to find ways to improve my downstream as he said he could try to make it go up to 8-9Mbps but unfortunately nothing came from it as he notices the line reverts gradually back to the 6mbps mark.

So now what? I'm very dissapointed considering I've been waiting for a few years only to get a sub-par performance out of this.

ExtremeZero
Grafter

I'm going to bump this because I'm still waiting on an answer.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'm sorry that you haven't had a reply from your fault ticket yet.

From looking at the engineer notes, they indicate that the line is too long to support a higher speed.

Sync speed is due t o line length of 2.5 Km from PCP to NTE

One of my colleagues in our faults team has advised me there isn't anything else we can do, that arranging another engineer appointment will likely return the same outcome as the first.

As the current speed is below your estimate, if you are not happy we would be able to down grade your service back to standard broadband if you speak with our customer options team on 0800 013 2632.

Sorry that this probably isn't the response you were hoping for.

ExtremeZero
Grafter

I was expecting it to be a foregone conclusion after friday anyways.

The only positive thing that came out of this is that my upload speed is better then it was before, not the best but I am able to stream on the likes of Twitch now.

I'm wondering if there is anyway to keep the new upload speed as it is but within a reduced price range for the monthly bill? Considering the estimated speed was way off for the downstream, I do feel like I was cheated sort of and I honestly don't feel that paying over £20 for my upload speed is hardly a fair deal.

Is there anyway to reduce the price of the monthly bill while retaining the upload speed? I imagine that switching between ADSL and Fiber again would be a hassle and I rather not lose the only good thing I got out of this.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

That would be something you would need to discuss with our customer options team.

However, as it appears the online product change process didn't apply a new contract on your account, I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to offer you a discount on a contract.

ExtremeZero
Grafter

Can you put up a ticket for it please? I'm having trouble at the moment getting a question being submitted. Smiley

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Just updated your fault ticket for you, however we wouldn't be able to provide a discount/contract via the ticket system. That would need to be done over the phone, I'm afraid.