cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusable fibre speed miles below guaranteed minimum

steen19
Hooked

Unusable fibre speed miles below guaranteed minimum

The speed has been getting slower and slower month after month. It's currently at 3.8mbps, on both wifi and ethernet, which is barely usuable. The guaranteed minimum is 30.9mbps. I've done all the trouble shooting, nothing has worked. I've tried contacting support on twitter, no reply. I've reported a fault, no response again. Whenever i try to report a fault with the phone line i get an error.

9 REPLIES 9
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Unusable fibre speed miles below guaranteed minimum

Have you tried the quiet-line test by dialing 17070?

Your problem might be caused by noise on the phone line, which would require a voice problem to be raised.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

steen19
Hooked

Can't as the phone line doesn't work, just silence on the phone.

Andy2020
Grafter
Fixes: 1

My posts keep getting deleted when I talk about slow speeds...

VileReynard
Hero

The quiet-line test is designed for you to hear if there is noise on the line - its meant to be totally silent.

You will need to test your patience by phoning the Plusnet help line.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

@Andy2020 wrote:

My posts keep getting deleted when I talk about slow speeds...

You have your own thread here https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Unlimited-Fibre-Extra-not-performing-to-my-given-produ... - identical me too posts on other threads were removed as it doesn't help the other posters or staff.

You're welcome to keep your post updated.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Andy2020
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Well maybe pn should fix the speed issue for everyone and then this thing about slow fibre would come to an end. Its looks like everyone starts of well and the speed drops of as time goes by.

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Plusnet can't do anything in regards to the gradual drop of speed that everyone pretty much experiences at some point, that type of issue is due to crosstalk which is interference in the fibre cab as more users from various ISPs become connected.

the only solution to crosstalk is to use Vectoring in the fibre cab which blocks out the interference but Openreach won't deploy that, G-fast however does use a form of Vectoring so if your area has it and you're close enough to the fibre cab to get G-fast you will be fine otherwise you're stuck until FTTP comes along or you choose a service like Virgin.

I have gone from a 67Mb sync when I first joined down to my current 54Mb due to crosstalk, my area doesn't have G-fast and even if it did I'm too far from the Fibre cab so there isn't any point complaining when nothing can be done about it.            

VileReynard
Hero

I'm not convinced.

Do you get crosstalk after midnight or is there 24/7 traffic on everybody elses lines?

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@VileReynard  Crosstalk never sleeps, all lines have continuous activity just keeping the line synchronized even if you are not actually transmitting or receiving data.