cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable ping in games

Artfal
Hooked

Unstable ping in games

Hi, several months ago i was experiencing unstable connections to online games that i play. I had asked on here for help and got told you couldn't see a problem. Through trying different things turned out the router was the cause of the problem, since then i have been using an old spare one my father had, but the problem is occurring again, is there anyway i can test to see if it is the router again? or can i get another sent out?

7 REPLIES 7
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Unstable ping in games

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

We've tested your line and it's not showing any issues.

Can you confirm if you're connecting over a wired or wireless connection?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Artfal
Hooked

Hi, yes it is a wired connection, with only my pc connected to it. There is a single master socket that got installed when i moved here.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi there, 

i have just had another look at your connection. 

Whilst I can see that your router is syncing with our network - you have no active session at the moment in time. 

Can I please ask if you still have a router connected? 

Thanks

Artfal
Hooked

Hi, yes i still have a router connected.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Artfal,

Thanks for confirming that. I've tried testing your line again and the test is running correctly now. However, it's still not picking up the cause of this issue.

Please see the ticket on your account here for a copy of the test results and details on the next steps towards getting this issue resolved for you.

Regards,
Emily

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Artfal
Hooked

Hi, as requested i have done the BT Speedtester.

I have always used speedtest as a rough guide to see if any problems are arising, but this and the problem i had several months ago seems to affect me when i'm in games that need to send a receive information very quickly, overall speeds are often unaffected.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Artfal,

Thank you for doing that. Upon carrying out further testing it appears that your router is connecting on the wrong details, which could explain the performance issues.

Please can you try a factory reset of your router? There's a pinhole on the back and you'll just need to push something into this for at least 15 seconds whilst the router is powered on. If the issue persists once you've done this, please can you send us the router's serial number via private message and we'll make some changes on this side.

Regards,

Emily

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team