cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable fibre since switching

jude-
Hooked

Unstable fibre since switching

I myself decided to switch to plusnet mobile being a low user I went for one of their low monthly pay deals. I would be switched over by the Monday 4 days time mon ,tues came and went rang them Wednesday ...we do apologise but we don't have a worksheet? But we're quick to take first payment..so had to ditch that deal! I should have known better just like unstable fibre broadband constantly on/off. And not acceptable can get unstable broadband for cheaper else where!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed thread title to reflect issue after splitting.

4 REPLIES 4
jude-
Hooked

Re: Why I have left Plusnet

I too feel the same since going over last December to fibre thinking a better service , big mistake once again there's barely enough juice to run even a laptop! Spend more time on the phone and just getting excuses. This may sound crazy!! But every time the engineers are working in the green box at the end of the street which is constant...my broadband goes either off or constantly drops I have mentioned this very time I have had to phone them..not what I signed up for .so will have to bite the bullet and pay out the rest of my contract. Even typing this message is proving difficult to stay online...totally unacceptable!

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

jude- wrote:

But every time the engineers are working in the green box at the end of the street which is constant...my broadband goes either off or constantly drops

I'm not the only then that gulps every time I see OR etc turn up at the cabinet. I sometimes suffer much the same. I suspect it due to the way wires are bundled into the cabinets. Move one pair and the rest move in sympathy. A guaranteed way to loose and flaky connections. Took OR 3 goes last time to sort out my loose connection....in the cabinet again! Problem is Plusnet has as much clout as a toothpick when it comes to faults. All they can do is direct them to the problem area. Sadly they don't own the people that fix faults.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Quote fixed.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
jude-
Hooked

Odd times it's not such a problem but it's a regular thing and normally stays like it anything from 5-9 days at a time. I think my connection was more stable before the switch to fibre. Came back yesterday after shopping and their they are in their little tent. Switch on and nothing. So I walked to the end of the road and now there's a different communication firm...After speaking to plusnet they must have altered the drip feed or something as my daughter was able to get online as well but only just with her phone..

Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Unstable fibre since switching

Moderator's note:

Split for better visibility and title changed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still