cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable Unlimited Fibre connection

flrl

Unstable Unlimited Fibre connection

Hoping someone may be able to help out with this via the community forum - have spent every day this week on hold to Plusnet with nobody answering the phone!

We took out a new contract with Plusnet in May, upgrading to Unlimited Fibre as we're all WFH in the current circumstances so need a good connection for 3 people to take video calls etc. Previously, the property had Unlimited Broadband for the past 12 months, with no issues.

Since switching to Unlimited Fibre, we've had a really unstable connection, dropping out multiple times a day and often needing to reset the router to get reconnected. This obviously isn't ideal whilst WFH. I called a few weeks ago and was advised to plug the router into the test socket etc - even when plugged into test socket, the issues are continuing. Trying a different router did not work for us. As our previous Plusnet router and broadband contract didn't have any issues, it seems as though this issue is connected to upgrading to Fibre rather than an issue with our wiring.

Could anyone from Plusnet advise, or even reopen the previous question on my account so I can actually speak to someone?Huh

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Unstable Unlimited Fibre connection

Thanks for your post @flrl

From what we can see the connection has been stable for over three days now as per the below graph

Our line tests aren't showing any issues either. Can you confirm if you're still experiencing drops in connection?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
flrl

Re: Unstable Unlimited Fibre connection

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your reply. We had a good day of connection on Monday but very unstable connection again yesterday and today. Would be very grateful for any ideas about possible causes, especially after a few days of improvement!

Thanks!