cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable Fibre Connection

kevuk100

Unstable Fibre Connection

We have reported twice an issue with our fibre connection disconnecting, but have twice been told its normal unless it occurs more than 3 times in 24 hours.

The problems started approx. 12 months ago when we switched to Fibre (first with BT & now PlusNet).  Prior to this we had a near perfect although slow connection (maybe 1 disconnection a months).  But now we are often getting 3 disconnections a day (often in the evenings). 

This clearly isn't acceptable and surely points to an issue with the BT fibre cabinet?

2 REPLIES 2
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Unstable Fibre Connection

Hi and welcome to the forums,

I have checked your account and can definitely see the drops seem to be worsening especially over the last week and yes like you said mainly in the evenings. 

I'd done a bunch of checks on both the line and cabinet but can't initially see what the drops are being caused by therefore I'd recommend going through some checks on your side and if you see the drops continue to then go on and raise a fault on the issue and we will potentially look at sending an engineer out to investigate further.

Checks to run through: here

If the issue still persists raise a fault here: here

I hope this helps,

Ben

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Re: Unstable Fibre Connection

Please note, the last two sections of this help article are currently broken and I have fixed this recently so in a few days it will show the content properly. For your reference, this is what the last two sections would look like:

help-missing-content.png

The link for the 'broadband troubleshooter' in the last sentence is this: https://www.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.