cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable FTTC line, huge drop in sync speeds

jimmhurr

Unstable FTTC line, huge drop in sync speeds

Posting on behalf of my father. Line has been unstable for a couple of weeks with continual dropouts (at least 5 today). BT OpenReach have been out twice and replaced the master socket both times and a new PlusNet One hub has been installed, but something is still not right on this connection. Previous to the issues this line had been happily syncing at around 70Mbps (which can be seen from the DSL checker stats), but now only managing 50Mbps down and around 1Mbps up - the up in particular seems very poor. The instability and continual dropouts is also an issue.

Any ideas gratefully received.
stats1.jpgstats2.jpgstats3.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Unstable FTTC line, huge drop in sync speeds

Your DSL check shows a Bridge Tap which is usually an indication of an internal wiring issue.

Are you able to plug the router in the test socket with a dangly filter and post the help desk tab again?

Is the line quiet? Dial 17070 option 2

jimmhurr

Thanks for your reply - yes I wondered whether this might be an issue - the house wiring has been problematic in the past, but I didn't realise that "Bridge Tap" was inidicative of this.

I'll report back!

jimmhurr

My father reports that Plusnet have just phoned and an engineer is booked for Friday - - the guy on the phone didn't know from where it was reported from. If it's as a result of this post, then that is great service.