cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsatisfied Customer

CrystalJayme
Grafter

Re: Unsatisfied Customer

So all of this could have been caused by BT messing around with G.INP which my free router from plusnet and BTO modem can't support. Looks like I may need to replace both with a vdsl+ modem/router  Cheesy
adie:quote
NedLudd
Grafter

It's possible!
The PN techies tomorrow may be able to confirm that G.INP is on your line. I really don't know what it is other than it's supposed to cope with 'cross-talk' as cabinets fill up!
You can see on the piccie in my previous post how the Billion has improved things.
Geoff,
York.
CrystalJayme
Grafter

Quote from: NedLudd
It's possible!
The PN techies tomorrow may be able to confirm that G.INP is on your line. I really don't know what it is other than it's supposed to cope with 'cross-talk' as cabinets fill up!
You can see on the piccie in my previous post how the Billion has improved things.

Kiss Thanks again and thanks to everyone else. Sorry I came down too hard on people and Plusnet. What do you think to this ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A its also TR-069 remote management
The ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A incorporates the TR-069 standard management specifications for service providers to manage and configure client devices remotely without any end user intervention. This feature offers a true “plug-and-play” experience while reducing deployment complexity to help saving the operating and maintenance costs for service providers.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Let's be clear, the G.INP issue does NOT affect all lines and all modems. The problem cases are usually where you have a Huawei Cabinet and a ECI modem. This affects SYNC speed, not throughput speed directly. If you are still getting your usual  max. speed at non-peak times, then your issue has nothing to do with G.INP.
If you really want to wade into technicalities, please see the G.INP thread on this board. There are some technical disagreements there, but what I've just stated is not one of those.
CrystalJayme
Grafter

Sad
CrystalJayme
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
Let's be clear, the G.INP issue does NOT affect all lines and all modems. The problem cases are usually where you have a Huawei Cabinet and a ECI modem. This affects SYNC speed, not throughput speed directly. If you are still getting your usual  max. speed at non-peak times, then your issue has nothing to do with G.INP.
If you really want to wade into technicalities, please see the G.INP thread on this board. There are some technical disagreements there, but what I've just stated is not one of those.

Let's also be clear that my modem is locked down and I cannot get any line stats so I don't know if the problem is G.INP only plusnet can tell me if its enabled on my line or until I replace my modem.
CrystalJayme
Grafter

Also NedLudd has had the same problem as myself and it was rectified once the modem and pn router was replaced with an aio router/modem. So it can either be pn router which was free or bto modem which is getting old.
Anotherone
Champion

Sorry, wrong conclusion. If you download speed is varying, that has nothing to do with G.INP.
Please run the BTw Performance test (DON'T REBOOT, ignore the red preamble except make sure no other programs are using the Internet and you are using an ethernet link) and at the end of the first run, click the Further Diagnostics button, enter just your Phone number and Run the Further Diagnostics Test.
Do a Copy and Paste of the results and post here (no need to grab an image).
CrystalJayme
Grafter

I can't at the moment but I have recently installed samknows whitebox and from the graphs I can see when its being hit in speed. Do you want me to paste the speeds from whitebox?
Anotherone
Champion

It's the results from the BTw Further Diagnostics test that are important because it gives your Downstream IP profile which indicates the max download speed you can achieve under ideal circumstances.. This is also directly related to your sync speed which means you don't need an unlocked modem to derive that information.
Whenever it's convenient, no rush.
CrystalJayme
Grafter

I did a btw test in march 2015 will that help? its about the same speed I get now so nothing has changed. Plusnet did amend my sync speed to 78mbps
CrystalJayme
Grafter

And this is live stats from my whitebox
picbits
Rising Star

I started off (22 months ago) with around 74Mb, dropped to 52-54Mb then it crept back up to around 62Mb a month or so ago.
I then installed a new 8800NL Billion router and noticed no difference at all in speed  Grin
On the plus side I can now see that my line is going as fast as it reasonably can with a download SNR of 6dB (Info that wasn't available with the PN / BTOR setup)
Anotherone
Champion

@CrystalJayme
Well it may have changed and that's what G.INP should have done, adversely so if you were affected by that issue, so it's best to see a new result.
When you are referring to Plusnet changing your "sync" speed, that is something they cannot do, an Openreach engineer has to go to the Cab to reset things and that's something they won't do readily on Fibre except when there's been some sort of fault. It's not like ADSL/ADSL2+ where the ISP can do a remote reset I'm afraid.
I suspect what they changed was your Current Line speed (Login required). That's Plusnet reflection of BT's IP Profile and should match it (rounded down to the nearest 200kbps) to ensure you get good Traffic management. Unfortunately the data for that has to be sent from BT's servers to Plusnet's servers and that doesn't always happen when it should.
CrystalJayme
Grafter

Sorry I meant ip profile lol plusnet changed my ip profile back to 78 cos btw showed 63 I think.