Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsatisfied Customer

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Unsatisfied Customer

Quote from: Anotherone
Hit and miss is the word Shocked  Locations are not at all accurate for our area, that's unusual for Magenta Systems, they are usually pretty accurate on other stuff.

Yeah it wasn't correct for my cab either it was stating it was some where that was in the complete opposite direction to where the cab actually is.
St3
Aspiring Champion

Quote from: CrystalJayme
Look at what I was getting back in 2014   and look at what I'm getting this year 62.26mbps from my samknows whitebox which was installed today at 3pm and I received the 62.26mbps then it went down to 60.73mbps at 7pm then it went down to 57.43mbps at 9pm all today. What is going on please?

jayne i also made a post about this a month ago ... i also was getting 75 down for 2 months then it changed too 65 down and now its 61 down, after placing a support ticket i was told its down to crosstalk and theres nothing anyone can do about it, seams the "super fast fibre " they advertise is soon becoming " super slow fibre ".
If i could get virgin in my area then id switch because most my friends have 70 + speeds Sad
CrystalJayme
Grafter

Thanks guys for your replies I'm very grateful that you want to help me. So my cabinet is a huawei but my modem is an openreach eci installed not by openreach. I thought that the modem needs to match the cabinet? Anyway thanks so much for your help x
CrystalJayme
Grafter

@St3 - Yeah my ip profile was set at 78 I was getting around 76 in my first year then the next year it was hitting around 66 then for one week back to 74 then my ip profile was at 68 so was getting 66 again. I called up plusnet and she did something on her side which upped my speeds back to 74 last week and my ip changed back to 77.2. I've been at 72-74 since then unless my gateway changes or there is congestion at peak times. Long as my ip profile stays at 77.2 I'm happy. I am using the plusnet branded router the Tecnicolor TG582n but I'm going to get a VDSL all in one for better wifi and stability. I use ethernet Cat 5e from usb to ethernet adaptor - homeplug tp-link av500 - tp-link av500 homeplug connected to samknows whitebox ( tp-link n600 ) via ethernet - plusnet router. I only use the wifi if I have to but mostly I use the ethernet due to its speeds of 72-74mbps. 
Terranova667
Pro

the modem doesn't have to match the cab but it can help, although in the case of the huawei cab  you do want a  huawei based modem so you can use G.INP on both the up and down of the connection if G.INP is active on your line then you will be hindered by having a ECI modem. 
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I had that issue at the back of my mind too. I haven't really followed it in too much detail, but I've got the impression that some users have been significantly affected because various upgrades (including firmware) have not happened or not happened in the right order Huh
St3
Aspiring Champion

Most people will say we cant really complain because we are getting above the min speeds for our packages, altho my internet service to plusnet is actully not that bad watching my super fast speeds reduce every 2 months is kinda mind boggling. I think its all down to more and more customers and to be honest even tho i really liked having 74 meg i can honestly say that i manage fine with 60. But if my speeds keep dropping then id prob be better of downgrading.
CrystalJayme
Grafter

How do I know that G.INP is active on my line? and I was thinking of buying a VDSL modem/router D-Link AC5300 Tri Band DIR-895L/R amazing specs what do you think good enough for our plusnet fibre 80/20?
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I don't believe that the D-Link router has an integral VDSL modem...
CrystalJayme
Grafter

@pwatson - According to the specs you are correct lol  Cry I really like the specs too shame and thanks for finding that out
CrystalJayme
Grafter

Just checked that the huawei modems and routers have the broadcom chips so if I get an all in one with the BCM chip should be okay and G.INP supported 🙂
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

There's a few people using the Billion  8800NL (Oldjim is one) and some the more expensive  8800AXL. Have a close look at those two.
There's some threads around on the forum
https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,136198.0.html
https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,143108.0.html
I found those, and you might be interested in this https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,138407.0.html
There's plenty more, just do a Forum search on 8800
HTH.
CrystalJayme
Grafter

@Anotherone - Thanks for the links and the advice much appreciated  Kiss
CrystalJayme
Grafter

I have attached my wifi and ethernet speeds tonight 🙂