cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsatisfactory Service - Internet, Customer service

cfclarke7
Dabbler

Re: Unsatisfactory Service - Internet, Customer service

Hi @Gandalf , thank you for looking in to this for me.

I concede that that may well still be lower than i originally anticipated, perhaps at the time of posting it had just been 1 inconvenient time too many, however I hope you will still agree with me that this is less than ideal, especially when coupled with the slow connections as shown in my last post. 30~ Mbps equates to around 3.4MBps, whereas my downstairs neighbour (we live in flats) apparently gets nearly 10x that. Speeds aside, I still count 26 drops in that chart, not including the 2 to complete my tests. 

With the results we I have no reported; the noisy crackly phone line; the repeated drops; the slow speeds; and the repeated engineers, what is my next step? Can this be resolved? Can a competent engineer be sent out to resolve this problem? I can't see why several of my neighbours are not having similar problems when we all come from the same main junction box on the outside of the property. If I am the only one affected, then it must be the numerous boxes i have inside my property(responsibility of BT), and I dont see why it should take 1 year and 3-4 engineers to fix this. I have been paying for a service that I do not receive.

Thank you all for your help and replies, I completely understand this is not your own faults and that I of course may not know everything. But I am sure we can all agree that no-one would be happy with what I am currently getting.

Kind regards

Callum Clarke

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

If you have a crackly phone line then your next step has to be to report it to whoever supplies your telephone service. Report a phone NOT broadband fault. You will never get decent broadband performance unless the telephone line is quiet.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

cfclarke7
Dabbler

Hi @Baldrick1. thanks yet again.

Im sorry, are plusnet not my phone suppliers? Im sure all lines are property of BT somewhere down the line but as I understand it i am paying for line rental and internet service to plusnet, I received a new landline number from plusnet when I switched to them FROM BT.

If this means Plusnet is my phone supplier, what is the best way to report this fault, if you dont mind? As of course any time previously that i have reported faults, albeit i have only reported my internet, i have had mediocre fixes by the BT engineers.

Thanks again and always

Callum Clarke

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Some people use different companies to provide their phone and broadband services. You obviously use Plusnet for both. This link should take you through the process of reporting the fault.

https://www.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi cfclarke7

Baldrick1 is a fellow customer so wouldn't know so they're just making sure that's been considered in case it was relevant. Can you give the steps on the page they've linked you to a try please? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
cfclarke7
Dabbler

Hi Adam, thank you for your reply.

Yes, of course, I realise this now. I will be going through the steps shortly.

Thank you all for your help and your patience!

Kind regards

Callum
cfclarke7
Dabbler

Hi @adamwalker, I'm back!

I followed the link that @Baldrick1 posted, filled out the details and described the fault, and then got the message of 'we are now checking your phone line, this may take a couple of minutes' this lasted around 30 seconds before taking me to a 'oops, something seems to have gone wrong' page, telling me to

'It looks like something has gone wrong. Our award-winning support team are here to help. Call us on 0800 432 0200'

I tried this several times with the same result.

Is my next step to call the helpline to report the fault verbally?

thanks again

Callum Clarke

cfclarke7
Dabbler

Hi @HarryB

Looking back through the posts here I realised that I never posted the ticket as you advised. I have now done this.

Thanks again

Callum Clarke

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

The phone fault checker does sometimes report a failure ... even though it has successfully raised a support report. You can check for these using the PN Tickets link below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Unfortunately our tests aren't showing any external issues so to progress the issue we'll need to arrange a engineer visit.

I've updated the ticket on your account with more information -

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
cfclarke7
Dabbler

Hi @MatthewWheeler and @Townman, thank you for your replies.

I will check the PN ticket link you provided so i am up to date and I will hope to hear from plusnet soon

Thanks again to everyone who has taken their time to assist me.

Kind regards

Callum Clarke

cfclarke7
Dabbler

Hi @MatthewWheeler @Townman

I have checked the ticket by the link provided, and the last message on the ticket ased me to confirm the agreement and confirm the arrangement of the engineer. I clicked the link to confirm these details but it is taking me to an ambiguious general help page unrelated to my query/ticket.

Could someone please offer me one last piece of advice so i can get this to the (hopefully) last stage of getting this resolved by getting the engineer to come and check!

Thank you all so much

Callum Clarke

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Callum.

If you click Here you'll be able to reply to the ticket we've sent you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cfclarke7
Dabbler

Hi everyone, your favourite member here.

BT Openreach engineer attended my property today, in response to the fault that I was told to report. Paul the engineer spent 10 mins here playing with just my master socket, did a few tests, gave me a new socket faceplate and put in a dsl splitter(that i didnt need because i dont normally use a landline phone) and said that I need to get back in touch with plusnet and get you to send a broadband engineer.

Im at my wits end with this. Why can no-one tell me what my problem is, how its happening, and how to fix it, when we can all agree and can all see the drops in my service? We did not have this problem when we were with BT, nor with SKY, and in fact we didnt have this problem for the first few months with plusnet if i remember correctly. 

I understand that things dont work like this, but why cant someone just come a re-run a wire from the outside pole to my property and be done with it. The network around this area and especially the cables around my street are ancient and everything is patchwork. But whoever the ISP, surely the infrastructure is still the same so I dont see why Im only having this problem with plusnet and why no-one seems willing to do what it takes to investigate and fix it.

Not doing me proud, PlusNet!

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @cfclarke7,

Thank you for letting us know the outcome of today's engineer visit. I'm very sorry to hear that this issue is still ongoing, and apologise for the inconvenience that this is causing you.

Unfortunately network faults may develop at any time, and it sounds like this is what's happened as you didn't experience this problem during your first few months with us. I appreciate how frustrating this must be given the length of time that this has been going on, and we will do our absolute best to get these issues resolved for you.

The engineer that visited today has advised that there's no noise on the landline side of things, so we'll need to arrange a broadband engineer visit so that this can be investigated further. We can add notes to the engineer booking to let them know that this issue has been ongoing for a long time and that there have been several other engineer visits and can ask them to look at the cabling that you've mentioned may be the cause of this issue - particularly the cable from the pole outside to your property.

I've retested your line today and the test still isn't picking up the cause of this issue so unfortunately we won't be able to arrange this as an external engineer visit. Please can you reply to the fault ticket here with your availability for a broadband engineer visit. If you send another message on here once you've done this we'll get the engineer booked for the earliest available suitable appointment slot and will add the notes to outline the history of the fault.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team