cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresponsive service on fibre+

Jaks999

Unresponsive service on fibre+

Ever since jointing plusnet I have had a poor internet experiance, I was with sky fibre originally then BT Fibre and never seemed to have any problems.
Since joining I often seem to get unresponsive websites, i.e when I click on a link it sometimes will do nothing and just hang waiting to load, also when watching YouTube videos they sometimes do not load and after a minute or so they will become responsive and fast again.
I don't think the connection is dropping at all, it just drifts in and out of unresponsiveness. I'm currently surfing the net on a iPad, iPhone, and also pc and seem to have similar problems on each. I currently have a 4gen wireless N Apple AirPort Extreme for my router,  I also used this on BT and didn't seem to have any problems.
My speed using speed test.net can vary wildly from 69 meg a second to 10 meg a second, any ideas on how to fix this.
1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Unresponsive service on fibre+

Hi Jaks999,
Welcome to the Community forum.
Whilst I don't want you to think we're just going to point the "finger of blame" at your wireless equipment at this stage it would be really helpful if we can differentiate and confirm if the issue you're seeing is specific just to your wireless network or the actual broadband connection.
The best way to do this would be to connect your PC directly to the router via a network cable.
Assuming you can line things up (no pun intended!) to do that please run a test for us here: http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
I'm not sure how frequently you've noticed speeds fluctuate but if for example you've seen a big disparity in the course of say 10 minutes then please stay connected up for at least that long and run a few tests as that will help prove the issue accordingly.
Keep us posted please, once we have an understanding of the issue being WiFi/connection specific we'll take things from there.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team