Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited fibre to Unlimited Fibre EXTRA Online sign up

Retractor
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Unlimited fibre to Unlimited Fibre EXTRA Online sign up

Yesterday I re-Contracted from Unlimited to Unlimited Extra. I was advised in the sign up procedure that the new contract starts today 15Feb22. Logged on this morning to see that I am still on plain unlimited I.E. no change from the 38 Mb service and getting below the minimum GUARANTEED minimum speed for the EXTRA service.

How long before the EXTRA service kicks in.

11 REPLIES 11
Retractor
Grafter

Re: Unlimited fibre to Unlimited Fibre EXTRA Online sign up

When will I get an answer or is the EXTRA unlimited fibre a myth and just nothing happens to your Standard unlimited  account.

I have been with Plusnet for quite a while and all that time the Modem as been connecting at 3999 kbps not the any where near the modem's and line's capability and certainly not any giving me any like the MAX speed quoted in the offer and info given. To get the quoted speeds the line connection speed needs to be changed from the governed 3999 kbps to the lines to the line's max.

Retractor
Grafter

Sorry Clicked the wrong option this as not been fixed

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Retractor  I think you mean a speed of 39999 Kbps which clearly shows you have not yet been upgraded to Fibre Extra. I you want a quick response you will have to call support. I have seen another thread on the forum where an upgrade to Fibre Extra has been delayed beyond the expected date so there may be some ordering system problem.

Retractor
Grafter

Yes I meant 39999, I missed a 9.

Why offer EXTRA if they can not switch it easily.

I will try support but are still all at home watching day time TV or gaming.

Retractor
Grafter

Rang support and they expect to switch to EXTRA tonight.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @Retractor

I'm really sorry for the delay.

I've checked your order and I can see we've placed the upgrade with our suppliers as expected on the 14th February, but the earliest our suppliers could commit to is the 21st February, so you should see a higher speed then. 

Let me know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Retractor
Grafter

The email received with the details, gave the as the date of the contract starting as 15/2/22 not the 21st. Thus I was expecting to see the faster download speeds straight away.

I think PLUSNET needs to be more informative about how long it going to take to remove their speed restriction due to the account type or if there is a problem out of PlusNet's hands.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

There is no speed restriction our side. I can see on your account the speed profile is set at the max of 78mbps in anticipation of the product change completing to fibre extra, which is held up by the order with our suppliers.

I understand you were given a date of the 15th, however due to circumstances beyond our control I'm afraid that this was delayed to the 21st because it's the earliest our suppliers could commit to.

It looks like we sent you a text yesterday morning to the mobile number we hold for you to confirm this new date.

I do sincerely apologise once again for the inconvenience caused by the delay.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Retractor
Grafter

Thanks for the heads up.

If I was informed of this at the start I would have been patience. But there as been a problem every time I have renewed or changed my contract. It would have been nice if had gone well for a change. 

Does this mean my recent contract will commence on 21st to mark the day I actually get the EXTRA or will it remain the 15th.?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Retractor, the account should change to reflect the connection upgrade that's due on the 21st so the new contract will also begin in line with that too.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Retractor
Grafter

Thanks.