Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited fibre extra

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Unlimited fibre extra

At the bottom of the ticket page that the above ticket links to, you should see a button which says "I need to add further detail". In order to view the ticket correctly you'll need to be logged into your account before clicking on that link.

Once you've responded with the requested information let us know over here and we'll progress the fault.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Andrew_T
Grafter

Ok done.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

OK cool, I've booked you in for an engineer visit on 07/05/2019 between 8am and 1pm. Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Andrew_T
Grafter

Thanks will do 🤞
Andrew_T
Grafter

Hey,
The OR engineer came yesterday and was able to make a few improvements to connections and has got my speed up to 45mb with 11mb upload. He found a few “blue beans” on my line and replaced those also.
Not as great as I was expecting, but it looks like it’s the best I’m going to get. Not sure the the extra speed justifies the £5 extra pm so will think above it over the next few days and let you know. It’s running well and stable at present which is a positive.
Thanks for your help with this.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Andrew_T,

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm glad to hear there's been some improvement following the engineer appointment yesterday, though having checked your line I can see that there is still some room for the speeds to improve. Whilst the speeds are now definitely within the estimated range we'd expect for your line, the speed could potentially be provide anywhere between 41.9Mbps to 62.6Mbps download.

The speed may gradually improve over time as the line becomes more stable, however it may be worth plugging the router into the test socket if it isn't already, as this provides the most direct connection to the line coming into the property. For reference, we have a guide on how to locate the test socket and set the router up within it, here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team