cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited fibre extra low speeds

dbarton68
Hooked

Unlimited fibre extra low speeds

Moved from sky fibre to plusnet a few months back and getting a lower speed than when i was with sky.  Ive attached what it thinks i should be getting and what i am currently getting which is well below the minimum speeds.  I changed the router for a TP-Link Archer VR2800 which is a lot more stable then the one provided and using cable direct to PC.  Please can someone investigate issue with speed.

10 REPLIES 10
dbarton68
Hooked

Re: Unlimited fibre extra low speeds

dbarton68
Hooked

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @dbarton68, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry that you're having some issues with your service.

I have tested the line and though this hasn't detected any faults, the sync speed is certainly lower than we would expect for your line.

If not already done so, I would get your router connected to the test socket as shown here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242 and log a fault here if there's no improvement: https://faults.plus.net for further investigation.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
dbarton68
Hooked

Thankyou for response.  Ive ran the tests via the test socket and have logged the fault as according to the speedtest there are errors.  speed has dropped even more now (see attachment)

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for getting back to me, I am sorry to hear of the further drop in speed. I have picked up your fault ticket and progressed this, please just reply on the ticket with the requested information.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
dbarton68
Hooked

What information is required and wheres the ticket.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Lauren sent you an email but in case you've not seen it you can view and reply to the ticket from Here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dbarton68
Hooked

dates available for engineer visit all AM slots

24-09-2021

27-09-2021

29-09-2021

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@dbarton68  you need to reply on the ticket.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @dbarton68,

I can see that this has been picked up by our Faults Team and that an appointment has been booked in. Please let us know if there are any issues following the visit and we'll be happy to pick the case back up for review.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team