cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited fibre Internet keeps dropping out throughout the day

Mrben10

Unlimited fibre Internet keeps dropping out throughout the day

We have had unlimited fibre with plusnet for 3 months now and we have been very disappointed as its been really unreliable.

I have found that with both 2.4 and 5ghz bands enabled it keeps dropping connection. If I disable 5ghz the connection seems a little more reliable but the speeds are really slow when scanned with speedtest.

We have issues at different times of the day and are regularly needing to reboot the router to get it to come back to life. Sometimes i have to revert to 4g on my phone just to browse the internet at home. Which is rubbish.

Im paying for unlimited 63mbps internet, plusnet say they say I shoukd get speeds of 63mbps guarantee a min speed of 32/33mbps but I have days where I do a speed test scan and its as low as 4mb. If i turn the router off and back on it goes up to 70odd but then gradually drops down to 4-12mbps and becomes unusable again.

I tried another router and that had the same issue.
Any suggestions?
1 REPLY 1
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Unlimited fibre Internet keeps dropping out throughout the day

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team