Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Fibre ????

col5
Grafter

Unlimited Fibre ????

So what's the deal with packages ?
They say one is Unlimited at 40 Gig and the other is extra Unlimited at 80 Gig ?
That winds me up for sure , they are saying if you don't give us more money we will cap your line at 40 Gig fibre even if 80 Gig is possible ?
That is so lame it makes me want to move supplier  Angry Cheesy
What a total money making BS ploy that is Plusnet , You should hold your heads in shame
Just make a product 80GB max speed  and say it's £15
Not impressed with this underhand BS at all .
36 REPLIES 36
col5
Grafter

Re: Unlimited Fibre ????

So how do they turn the speed down on a fibre line from 80 gig to 40 gig , if you opt for the non rip off option ?
They ring some guy and say make it 40 gig turn it down the bitch won't pay full rip off price ?
How can Fibre speed be turned down ?
col5
Grafter

Come on Plusnet it's Unlimited Fibre fine

There is no Unlimited Fibre  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (extra)    (means total scam your customers )  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

You don't get it do you?
My line is only capable of 30 Mbps so I don't want to pay for 70. Simples  Smiley
PS also everything works at 30Mbps so happy with that who needs more?
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

unlimited refers to the amount of data you use not the speed of your line.
it's up to 80megabit (speed )not GB (gigabyte) data.
as PeterLoftus pointed out it's perfectly suitable for some people.
Perhaps you would like to consider the tone of your posts and think a little before your next tirade.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
KevinA
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

40 gig oh wait 80 gig.. Falls off chair, maybe in a few years or maybe decades..
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: col5
How can Fibre speed be turned down ?

On the 40Mbps product the maximum download speed is limited to 40Mbps by the Plusnet line profile (effectively they throttle the speed to 40Mbps whatever your line is capable of), the amount of monthly download/upload is still unlimited (subject to what is physically possible so, in theory, someone on the 80Mbps produce could download more unlimited data), the 'Extra' part only refers to the maximum speed allowed on the product.  Some prefer the 'unthrottled' maximum speed and are willing to pay for it, others prefer a limited (but perfectly adequate for their requirements) speed and enjoy the savings.  Either way, Plusnet represent possibly the best value for each of these speed options for most people.  If my chosen product wasn't the best value for my requirements I'd simply move on.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Timalay
Grafter

Quote from: KevinAndrews
40 gig oh wait 80 gig.. Falls off chair, maybe in a few years or maybe decades..

BT park near Ipswich have trumped that with 1.4Tb/s.
nigel1971
Grafter

Quote from: Timalay
BT park near Ipswich have trumped that with 1.4Tb/s.

I don't think i'll see speeds like that in my lifetime  Grin
col5
Grafter

Cheesy Ok got my megs and gigs mixed up  , The fact remains that they want £15 for 40MB Fibre and £20 for 80MB Fibre they call it extra (my line estimate is 80MB  ) , why not just charge £15 for the 80MB  ?
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

think about it  Wink
half the country like me can't get more than 40Mbps, so to prevent all the complaints about I'm paying for 80Mbps and only getting 40Mbps they give a lower cost, simples  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: col5
they want £15 for 40MB Fibre and £20 for 80MB Fibre they call it extra (my line estimate is 80MB  ) , why not just charge £15 for the 80MB  ?

You get the choice, £15 for unlimited usage fibre limited to 40Mb/s* max download speed or £20 for unlimited usage fibre with extra download speed of 80Mb/s* max.
The fact that some people could get up to 80Mb/s speeds but don't need that much (so would rather take a lower speed and save money) while others are prepared to pay extra for the highest speed available makes sense to me.
*max speeds are 'nominal', actual throughput will be less, individual line capability may further limit the speed available.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
col5
Grafter

Yeah that's my whole problem with having two products , why not just offer the fastest option your line can handle  at a reasonable price ? 
Total joke in my opinion ,They just after more money by saying one is fibre extra
col5
Grafter

fibre extra ?  whatever Plusnet
So is the other package called fibre less?  Cool
davenos
Rising Star

So I presume your going to go on the other ISP forums and make the same complaint(seeing as they all offer the same just with different names)?
Bottom line you want the extra speed you gotta pay for it.